Just A Shadow ~ Part 16

Tuesday, 8:37 am

I groggily woke up to Garroth shaking me.  Last night I barey had any sleep worrying about Ein. I tried to fall asleep but just couldn't. I tried to ignore him but I uncovered the pillow from my face and looked up.
"Morning Y/N. You overslept, get ready for school." Garroth said.
He was still in his pj's as well. Maybe he overslept too. I got up slowly to annoy Garroth. He just walked up the stairs. I followed him and we got ready.

Again, the Ro'Meave family offered my breakfast, and I agreed to eat, and again, they acted like a happy family. And of course, I again was jealous. We all hopped into the car and drove to school. As we seperated into our classes, Sasha pulled me behind the school bleachers outside.

"Sasha! What are you doing?" I asked.
Sasha shushed me for a moment before looking around and taking her hand off my mouth.
"I came to tell you about the Shadow Knights. Gene and Zenix teamed with that werewolf boy to do something to you."
I felt my heart fall to the floor. Ein really did go insane.
"W-What?"
"Zenix. And. Gene. Are. Planning. Something." Sasha slowed down. "You have to avoid them."
I nodded and looked around. Hopefully no one noticed our little talk.
"Alright, just wanted to inform you. Keep safe." Sasha said before running away. I walked to my homeroom and tried to act like I was totally not about to get in a big problematic situation.

*** *** *** ***

I took a bite out of my sandwich. Dante was next to me, and so was Kawaii~Chan and Lucinda. We were discussing our language arts project out teacher just assigned us.

"I think we could use the series Land of Stories. It has a good enough plot to act out." Kawaii~Chan said.
"KC, that's too much characters. I think we should do Wonder. It has less characters and it has a good overall lesson, like Mr.Ramirez says." Dante suggested.
"Well I believe we should do Harry Potter. It uses magic and it'll be fun to act." Lucinda stated.
Everyone looked at me like they were waiting for my saying.
"I.. ummm.. we should do Percy Jackson?" I asked.
Everyone shrugged or moved their heads.
"We could. Let's plan this tomorrow." Dante said.
I sighed of relief. Good guess.

While we were talking about something else, I glimpsed to the left and saw Ein staring at me with his cold eyes. I shuddered and looked away. I was not looking forward to coming back home. I mean, how was I gonna deal with this? I couldn't mention anything about Ein at home or else our parents would be pissed. I couldn't say anything at school because Ein'll kill me if I say I'm his sister. So basically, I have no one to complain to. Brilliant. Good thing mom comes back from her business trip tomorrow, I need one more pair of eyes around the house.

*** *** *** ***

I stuffed everything into my bag and stood at the doorway of the Ro'Meave house. Zianna insisted that everyone said goodbye. I hugged everyone (except Zane) and thanked them for everything. I was driven home by Garte and dropped off. He sent me well wished and drove away. As I walked up the steps I took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Been a long time, Y/N." Ein said.
"Don't care. Leave me alone." I made a run for it up the stairs. Ein tried to chase me but I slammed my door shut and locked it. I slid down the wooden door and breather heavily as I waited for Ein to leave. After 5 minutes, I heard footsteps get distant. I sighed with relief and and unlocked the door and unpacked all the things. Ein would walk by and I would hold my breath, but he never came in or said anything. Good. I wasn't up for his attitude.

I sat down and took out all my homework. I was halfway through my Algebra packet when my eyes started to get heavy. From all the stress and not sleeping yesterday, I needed to take a break. I lay my head down on the table and fell asleep.