Attacked // Jerome Valeska

Your POV

You have been together with Jerome Valeska for only two months now, and you've never been happier. Sure, he is well known around Gotham for being a psychotic maniac, but he loves you and would never let anything bad happen to you. 

So, as you walked to the park where Jerome was going to meet you, you had only thing on your mind: Jerome. 

This was your seventh date, and he was already madly in love with you. You didn't really know it yet, though.

As you skip along the sidewalk, suddenly a hulk of a man comes at you from behind. Startled, you dash to the side. Being a quick thinker, you speed-dial your boyfriend and continue running. The assailant is really slow, and Jerome picks up the phone.

"Not to sound clingy or anything, hun, but I'm kinda being attacked by a random dude. Thought you might wanna know." You wheeze at the phone, looking back at the man, who is gaining on you.

"Wait, what!? Who!? Where are you!" Jerome shouts through the device. 

He's probably pulling out his sweet ginger hair. 

"I'm on twenty-fifth ave! By the drug store. This dude is really big!" 

"It's okay, sweets. I'm on my way." Before you can say anything else, the guy reaches you.

He yanks your arm back and swings his fist into your face.

You fall on the hard pavement, wincing at the pain in your cheek. The man wraps his burley hands around your throat, and you struggle helplessly. 

Fudgesicles! I don't wanna die yet... Slowly you stop thrashing, and start to lose consciousness. Darkness fading in from afar. 

I haven't even kissed him yet! I can't die until I do that!

Wham! Smash! Crunch! Jerome comes out of nowhere and totally smashes the dude's face in. Gratitude and admiration swells in your chest, as you watch the ginger beat up the punk who hurt you.

"Get 'em tiger!" You shout encouragement at your boyfriend. He looks up, with a wide, concerned grin on his face.

"You OK, sugar? He didn't hurt ya too bad, did he?" Concern and fury are obvious in his tone.

"Bad enough." His face grows hard as ice and he growls. 

Quickly, you add, "Now that you're here, though, I feel terrific."

His smile returns, and he swiftly shoots the dude in the face. He takes your hand, and you love the coolness of it. Lifting you to your feet, he leads you to the car.

"Sorry I didn't get here fast enough. Your poor face." He seethes, as he gently strokes your soft face.

"From now on, imma carry my taser at all times. Then you wouldn't need to go out of your way to help me." 

His blue eyes bore into you. "I like how you need me. Makes me feel..special! That being said, don't make a habit of it." His eyes twinkle as he drives you home.

You scoff, "I don't think I'll make a habit of it, ginger."

Special thanks to izzaguana for the request! I enjoyed writing it, but I'm sorry its so short. 

Please comment and enjoy! Also, request! It really helps and I appreciate it sooooooo much!