Victor Zsasz X Reader

There is something about darkness and the night that sends shivers down your spine. Usually, you stay up all night and survive on coffee and sometimes an energy drink. But lately you've been in need of sleep. Dire need.

Staying awake during the night, and still working during the day is exhausting. Your eyes are red and droopy, and you almost nap on your feet.

Is the fear of the night irrational?

You wouldn't say it is.

Your fear of the dark isn't exactly of the dark, per se. It is of what hides in the dark. Lurking in the shadows, waiting to strike.

And your fear of the night isn't because it is a time when the sun is gone, no. Night means sleep, and sleep means dreams, and dreams mean nightmares.

Terror, pain, unmistakable fear.

That is what you are afraid of. What lies in the dark, and nightmares.

So, as you do some house work for Don Falcone, mainly dusting, vacuuming, and window washing, you doze off.

"Hey Y/n." A cold voice says, and you can't help but smile softly.

"Hello Mr. Zsasz. How has your day been?"

"Could've been better, and don't call me 'Mister'." He leans beside you at the window.

He continues to speak in his hard to describe voice, "How was your's?"

"It was good."

"Can't help but notice that you're not sleeping."

You visibly stiffen, "That's not true."

"Tsk tsk, don't lie. You keep snoozing on the job, and I've noticed you don't sleep at night."

Of course Victor would be aware of your lack of sleep.

Your family has worked for the Falcones for generations, so you get the special privilege of living at the Falcone mansion.

Victor sometimes sleeps here too, and he apparently noticed your insomnia.

"Fine," You exhale. "I haven't been sleeping, but I'm fine."

"Y/n, you need to sleep." He assures, staring at me with those wide eyes.

"I-I can't." At this point a tear dribbles from your eye, but you swipe at it.

"Why not?" Victor questions with concern.

You don't know why Victor cares, but you decide to open up to him.

"I, I'm scared."

His eyebrow ridge goes up in puzzlement.

He's known you for awhile, and you have never been scared of anything. You never even flinched when you saw him do some unsavoury deeds (torturing, maiming, and killing). Even when someone held a knife to your throat, you just stood there patiently waiting for something to happen. Of course, Victor shot the man right there, but you just went to get a bucket of soapy water and a mop to clean the mess.

He's never seen you cry or act scared, and he's always admired you for that.

He waits for you to continue, and you do.

"I'm scared of the things that hide in the dark, and of the dreams that come to me when I sleep. I know it's pathetic-"

"It's not."

The interruption surprises you, and you look up at him.

"Everyone's scared of something, but most people are too weak to say." He looks down at you with sincerity.

It's dark now, past nine, and it's the time everyone sleeps.

"Here." Victor leads me to my room with the double bed already having been made.

His hand isn't as cold as you would expect, in fact, it's warm. He draws back the blankets, and sits down.

"Go change."

You obey, and pick out your favourite pyjamas before walking into the connected bathroom and changing. Opening the bathroom door quietly, you notice how the clothes you picked don't cover very much. Short shorts and a tank top. You blush and walk over to the bed before sliding in next to a sitting Victor.

His face is neutral as he sits. You expected him to leave by now, but he stays.

"Victor, I'm okay." You try to persuade him to leave but he silences you.

"I'm staying. Nightmares won't haunt you ever again, because I'll be here to kill them."

Silence falls for awhile before you ask him about what he said earlier, "Victor, you said everyone's scared of something. What are you scared of?"

By his silence, you think you said something to offend him, but he replies.

"I'm scared of losing you."

~~~I have had dreams, and I have had nightmares. I overcame the nightmares because of my dreams- Jonas Salk~~~

Aww, this was a cute one!

Thank you to all my readers for being awesome!

And, don't forget to vote, comment, add to a list, and request!