Jim X Reader X The Doctor!

You sigh heavily as you reach the GCPD building, mustering up the courage to do this heinous deed.

Breaking up with Jim Gordon.

It's not that he isn't nice or anything. Not like he abuses you. It's just that he is wayyyyyyyy to overprotective.

He won't let you leave the house, see friends, see him at work, post any photos on the media. It's irritating! Really. Irritating. 

So today is the day you put a stop to it. By leaving him and Gotham forever.

"Hey, Y/N! Haven't seen you for a looong time."

"Hey, um, Harvey. Have you seen Jim today? I need to talk to him."

"Sure, over there." He points towards an office of sorts. You walk in, seeing Jim looking at a picture of a murder scene.

"Jim," you exhale, and he doesn't even look up at you.

"What are you doing here! Someone could see you and-!"

"Chill. I came here to end it. You are like an overprotective mother goose. I'm leaving you, leaving my job, and leaving the vicinity. I will never see you again. Understand?" 

"..."

"Are we clear?"

".."

"Hmm?"

"."

"Hallo?"

"Fine." And with that, he turns away, and you dash out of the department for the last time.

~~~~~~~~~~

Inhaling loudly, you saunter down an abandoned, dark road leading nowhere in particular. A whoosh sound comes from behind you, but, turning around, you find nothing.

He didn't even put up a fight. "Fine.", that's it?! Who does he think he is!!? Urghh!

Raming into a man in a blue suit and brown coat, you glare at him, and keep walking.

"Hey! Um, you the one in the black!" He says in a british accent pointing at you. He has spiky-hair and a nice-ish face. 

"What!" You snap in his direction.

"Have you seen any angel statues?! It's really important that you tell me. It's a matter of life or... well, death by living."

Death by living? Is this for real?!

"Uh, no. I haven't seen any statues of any kind."

His face is serious, and he looks ready to explode with impatience. 

"But, um, I did hear a strange sound following me up this road. Want me to help you look?"

"Yeah, sure. That'd be nice. Well, Allons'y!" He says as he smiles, dashing off through the damp streets of Gotham.

~~~

You've grown close to the Doctor, as he calls himself, and have been following him around for quite a while. He's a self-proclaimed 'Timelord', claims he has a time machine, and claims that he has two hearts

It's funny how you believe him.

Anybody else would call this man a psycho, and lock him up for good. But not you. You didn't believe him at first, but then he showed you the TARDIS.

"Time and Relative Dimension(s) In Space. Cool innit?" He said, opening the door. 

Poof, your mind exploded. It was bigger on the inside, and beautiful. A time machine.

And now he's gone. The most wonderful man in the universe has gone off, never to see you again. 

You turn away from the kitchen sink, and come face-to-face with a stone angel. Or more like demon. It's not angelic at all, and it's just extremely freaky. 

Staring at it, you remember what the Doctor told you about not looking away or even blinking. You grab for your phone, and dial the Doctor without looking away. 

You blink. 

When you look again, it's gone. 

~~~~~~

It's been a year. You moved, and never saw the statue or the Doctor again. 

But you sincerely hope that you will someday.