Jerome X Reader

Requested by ChloeOdling!

I hope you enjoy! I really hope I didn't screw it up!

~~~

You laugh at what your friend just said. The bus trip to the next game is long, and usually boring, but you enjoy the time to chat with your friends. You don't have too many outside of cheerleading, and you tend to lock yourself away from most people, but your one good friend convinced you to join the team. 

You've never been the cheerleader type, but, it turns out that you really enjoy it. 

Anyways, Bruce is at home with Alfred and Alfred's actually happy that you've found an extracurricular activity to do in your spare time. 

Alfred's very particular about you and your brother, but he's glad you have something to do. Your older and more responsible than Bruce, so he usually leaves you to your own devices. 

Anyways, you sit at the back of the bus with your friend, chatting about the hot guys on the football team. 

Giggling, you lean back and look out the back window. Gotham is a dreary place, but it's beautiful in its own special way. 

The bus stops and a red oil truck comes to rest in front of it. You don't pay attention to it though, and you continue talking with your friends. 

It's not until people start screaming that you notice something is wrong. 

A ginger taps on the door with a gun, and he has a few other men with him. You recognize the danger and open the emergency back door and dash out, but a man traps you against his chest and shoves you back into the bus. 

You yell in frustration, kicking the man where it hurts, and he slaps you in retaliation before shutting the door. 

"Where're you trying to go gorgeous?" The ginger says, pointing the gun against your head. 

You smile patronizingly at him, "I'm trying to get out of here, obviously. And don't call me gorgeous, gingersnap." 

He laughs, and you note the musicality of it. His face is handsome too, but you try to ignore the fact. Maniacs aren't your type. Well, at least you think so, you don't know for sure. 

"I like you," He comments, pointing the gun away from you. 

He handcuffs your hands behind your back and shoves you out of the bus before spraying everyone else with gasoline. 

"Hey! You can't do that!" You try to stop him but they all ignore you. 

He gets out and takes out a lighter. "Ready? OK!" 

The cheerleader on the bus scream, but the lighter doesn't work. You chuckle with relief and the ginger glares at you. 

"This is so embarrassing." Then he walks back onto the bus, "Anyone got a light?" 

Everyone whines 'nooo', and he walks back off. 

"I do," Another crazy says, handing the ginger a lighter. 

You hear police sirens and grin victoriously. 

Wait, why am I just standing here? Sure I'm handcuffed, but I can still run. 

You try to escape again, but the redhead grabs you, "Tsk, you're coming with me."

Then he dresses his crew, "Stand your ground boys, they can't shoot at the bus." 

A shootout commences and you flinch at all the bullets. 

The leader gets irritated, "Light 'em up!" 

Then pulls you onto the truck and leaps on himself. You drive away, and you hold your breath terrified for your friends. 

"Relax, sweetheart!" 

Then he asks a question you never expected him to ask, "Want go out?" 

You laugh at the guy, "I don't even know your name, not to mention, you're crazy."

"The name's Jerome Valeska, nice to meet you." He smiles, and his smile makes your heart do a funny little backflip.

"Y/n Wayne." 

He looks shocked, "Wayne? Little rich girl hmm?" 

You glare at him, "There's more to me than my money, carrot top!" 

He laughs, "Of course there is, I don't doubt it. So, what's your answer?" 

You look at Jerome. Is this guy serious? 

"I'm waiting." He says in a singsong voice.

"Uh, I have to be back home by ten." 

He smiles, "So that's a yes?"

You nod. 

You're already in a tight spot, so you might as well have some fun. 

Vote, comment, and request!