Victor X Reader

Your POV-

The day is alike any other in Gotham: cloudy with a chance of something bad happening. You don't like to think like that though: you think of the glass as half full and brimming with untold wonders.

Anyone who's ever met you would say that you're the happiest person they've ever met. Always smiling and laughing. Always the optimist, looking for an excuse to bring joy to someone's day.

So, the day started like any other. You wake up with a smile, do your morning routine, and grin widely as you walk down the street to your favourite coffee place.

You get in line, smiling at everyone and order your favourite drink. You wait patiently for your drink and make polite conversation with the barista.

You leave a generous tip and walk outside with drink in hand. It warms your cold hands, and you smile at the feeling of warmth seeping into your very soul.

Practically skipping down the sidewalk, you head over to your favourite bench. Since it's your day off, you don't have to work. This fact makes you even more happy as you sit down on the cold wood, watching the steam rise from your drink.

Sighing happily, you watch the busy streets of Gotham. People walk by, drive by, and the traffic lights change colours periodically.

While some see Gotham as a dirty city filled with horrible people and ugly surroundings, you see Gotham as a place that just needs a little care and loving attention.

You inhale the delicious scent of your beverage, and smile at the world as it walks by.

A bald man sits next to you on the bench. He wears a spiffy black suit, and an unbuttoned trench coat.

"Good morning," you greet him with a bright smile.

He looks over at you and his eyes study you for a moment. His gaze seems cold and calculated, but he grins a bit as he replies, "Morning."

You quietly sip your coffee and watch with wonder at a few snowflakes floating down from the heavens.

"I'm Y/n, by the way," You say, reaching out your hand for him to shake.

He takes it, "Victor Zsasz. Nice to meet you."

"Likewise." You glance at his hand, noticing a large skull ring on his finger.

"Nice ring," You compliment.

He looks at it aloofly, "Thanks."

"Sorry if I'm bugging you, I tend to talk too much..." you sip your drink again.

"It's fine," He replies.

I sigh and walk the light turn red, causing cars to line up.

"It's a nice day, isn't it?" I ask him, contemplating the serenity of the city.

He looks around and then back at you, "I suppose it is."

"So, Victor. You live in Gotham?" You question.

He grins, "Yup."

"You like it?"

"Well enough."

After a bit of silence, he asks me a question, "You live here?"

I smile, "Yeah, I grew up here."

By this time, you've finished your beverage.

"Well, Victor, I'm gonna head back. Nice meeting you." You say as you stand up.

"Maybe we'll see each other again sometime," He says, watching you stand.

You grin, "I come here a lot, maybe we'll run into each other one day."

"Yeah, maybe," He smiles, leaning back and watching you as you walk away.

Sorry it's short!

Please vote, comment and add to a list!

Thanks for reading!

Please check out my newest story titled Mutt (Gotham X Reader)! I think it's pretty good.