Edward X Reader

Requested by Demonic24Angel!

(in this one, let's pretend Ed never killed Kristen, ok?) 

~~~

You work with your brother Jim Gordon at the GCPD as a forensic scientist. It's nice to work with Jim, and he's just glad that you're not out in the field. 

Working at the GCPD creates multiple opportunities to meet new people. You've met a lot of cops and some criminals, but you usually stick to yourself. 

You're fairly good friends with Dr. Lee Thompkins, Harvey Bullock, and Edward Nygma. Jim looks out for you, and no one's ever tried to hurt you because of their beef with him. He's tried his best to protect you from everything. 

But, you're in a dilemma that Jim can't help you with.

Edward Nygma, and Oswald Cobblepot both like you, and you have to chose one. 

Never having been in a relationship before, you're nervous. You know both of them fairly well, and you'd hate to risk your friendship. 

You invited them both over to you and Jim's apartment for dinner so that you could chose one of them. 

An insanely difficult choice. 

Sighing, you walk out of the precinct and drive to your apartment. Jim's not going to be there, you made sure of it, so you don't have to worry about him.

As you drive you think of Oswald. He's nice, sweet, caring, but also scary. He has anger issues and wants to be the king of Gotham. He's a criminal. Jim would throw a fit if you dated him, and for a good reason. You're not the criminal-dating type. 

Then you think of Ed and a smile grows on your face. He's also sweet, caring, and a-dork-able. You've never seen him really mad, and he's never committed a crime in his life. At least no crime that you know of. 

Smiling, you pull into the parking space. You know who you're going to pick.

~

Edward sits nervously looking at Oswald. You sit with them, picking at the food on your plate without appetite. 

"So, Y/n? Have you decided?" Oswald asks, cutting to the chase. 

You clear your throat and glance between them. 

"Oswald..."

They both look at you expectantly.

"I'm sorry Oswald. You're a great friend, but I just don't think of you in that way. I hope you won't harbour any hard feelings?" You continue. 

Edward starts to smile, as Oswald scowls and then sniffs. 

"Of course not, Y/n. I understand completely." Then Oswald leaves.

You stare after him for awhile. 

Ed grins at you in shock, clearly expecting you to pick Oswald. 

"Y-Y/n? You picked me?" He finally says. 

Grinning shyly, you nod, "Yeah. I like you Ed."

He grins, "I-I won't let you down, Y/n! I-I-"

"Ed, it's ok! You don't have to prove anything! I expect you to behave like you normally do." 

You stand up, and so does he. 

"But, it's getting late, Ed." You say pointedly, glancing at the door. 

"Oh, yes, of course." He agrees, walking over to the for with you.

He leans down and pecks you on the cheek before leaving, and you are left with a giddy feeling. 

You know you made the right choice. 

Vote, comment, and request! 

(Oh, and I'm sorry if I missed anyone's request. Sometimes the request gets lost in the comments, but I try my best!)

Thank you!