Harvey (Bullock) X Reader

"See you tonight, Harv!" 

Y/N said joyously as she walked out of the Gotham City Police Department. Harvey followed her with his eyes, watching every move she made. He whistled under his breath, and pretended to go back to work.

Harvey adored Y/N. They had been dating for close to three years, and there was absolutely no doubt in anyone's mind that they were deeply in love. 

But, Jim is concerned. Harvey has many enemies, and they could definitely exploit this weakness called love.

So, Jim took it upon himself to tell Harvey that he should dump Y/N.

"Hey, uh, Harv? Can I talk to you, privately?" 

"Sure Jim," Harvey answers, following him into a room.

"Harvey, you remember that one serial killer you locked up? The one that escape awhile back?"

"Sure, we caught him again, and the scum's back in jail. Why? He hasn't escaped again has he?!"

"No, it's just that... well, he wanted revenge, remember?"

"Jim, where you goin' with this?" Harvey asks cautiously.

Jim looks at the ground awkwardly,"You should be careful. With Y/N. She could be targeted out of hate for you. She could be kidnapped and tortured, or even killed. I believe, for her own good, that you should let her go."

"What do you mean, 'let her go'?"

"I mean, that you should break up. What if the Spirit of the Goat came back, or some other baddie and she was taken hostage? Hmm? What then!"

Harvey looked at Jim in shock, but then slowly nodded.

~~Next Day Your POV~~

You shuffle into a small room at the GCPD after Bullock. He said he had to tell you something important. 

Fidgeting, you lean against the wall. Harv looks uncomfortable and sits on the small desk. 

"Y/N, I'm breaking up with you! You're nothing but a-" at this point he added some foul words that you wouldn't dare repeat, "- And you ain't good for nothing! These last years have been the worst of my whole life-" he goes to explain some lousy life experience and tears start shedding from your now red and puffy eyes.

"J-just *hiccup* st-o-p-" you sob.

"NO! I'm not gonna stop, you-" Here he uses a word meaning a 'promiscuous woman', and you swipe furiously at the tears falling down your face, trying so hard to not let him get to you.

"I've heard enough." You whisper, your tears of sadness giving way to tears of pure fury.

"I'm not gonna take any more of this crap from you! You're nothing but a despicable drunk, and I thought you were so much more. I suppose I was ever so wrong." You turn and leave.

On the way out, you notice Jim staring. Somehow you just know that he had something to do with this whole ordeal.

~

At your home, you run a hot bubble bath, play your favourite sad song, and make some hot chocolate (or tea, or whatever you like). 

Your tears are all dried up now, and your suspicion of Jim has grown.

He is responsible, and I'm going to find out why.

~next day~

"Jim, what the heck! Why'd you do it?! Hmm?" You slap him hard in the face.

"It's for-" He starts.

"Don't even say it! If this is your idea of a joke or something, ITS NOT FUNNY!!! Now, I don't give a crap about the stupid reason you did this, but I want you to tell me anyways. Now." You rant, slapping him again for good measure.

He goes to explain how he convinced Harv to dump you, and how he was 'concerned' that something bad could happen. You nod, tapping your foot and frowning severely at him. 

"You, are an exceedingly dumb, cruel person."

Walking away from Jim, you notice everyone staring at you both, and smile. Jim must be so embarrassed. 

Finding Harvey, you run up to the dummy and give him the biggest kiss he's ever had. Then you slap him. He's stunned, so you quickly explain what a gosh-darned idiot he was, and kissed him again.

"It's great that you don't want me to be hurt, but I can handle myself, and you should know this by now. I love you, and you calling me names won't change that. But, you're gonna have to do something seriously awesome to make up for that, 'cause that was quite mean."

You slap him again, gentler this time, and then kiss his cheek.

"I love you too, and I'm sorry for saying those things. You're right; you are a strong woman. That's one of the reasons I love you so so much."

"Shut up, you're gonna ruin the moment," you lean into him passionately, and kiss him again. 

Hope you enjoyed! Thanks to jokerhiddles for the awesome request, I hope it was as good as you wanted! 

As ever, comment, vote, request, keep reading, and add to a list!

OH, I almost forgot,

I have a QUESTION I wanted to ask you all, 

What drew you to this book in particular? How did you discover it? Why do you like it so much? (if you even like it) 

Ok so I lied it was three questions, sorry. 

:)