Oswald X Reader

F/F/R = favourite fast-food restaurant

The night is cold and moonless. The air is chilled and brisk, giving you a certain edge. Lonely street lamps illuminate the abyss that you walk down. 

A truly ominous early, early morning in Gotham. If you had to guess it'd be around one o'clock in the morning.

Perfect time to scout the area for potential threats. 

You hear frantic shouts, and decide to find what the fuss is about.

Turns out, that a freaky homeless-dude is threatening the crap out of some rich dude by shoving a pistol in his face. Not your problem so you decide to act. 'Cause you're rather bored.

Pulling your gun you walk up behind the mugger, noticing that his finger isn't even on the trigger. You slam the butt of your gun onto the hobo's head. And he's out cold now.

You look at the idiot who was walking in Gotham, at night, without a weapon. 

He has hair that won't lie flat, he's kind of short, he has a twisted foot, and a pale freckled face. 

"T-thank y-you. I-" He sputters.

"Shh. It won't happen again."

"Well, how c-could I repay you?"

"You could try not being an imbecile?" You roll your E/C eyes at him.

"I'll try. But seriously -"

"Fine... Dinner. Tomorrow. It has to be fancy."

"S-sure. How about-"

"F/F/R? The one at 16th AVE? Sounds good, I'll see you there." You say, then saunter off.

~Next Night at F/F/R~

You ordered your favourite meal, paid for it, and waited to see if the pip-squeak would show. To your surprise, he did.

"You're already-"

"Eating, I know. What took you so long?"

"W-we didn't agree on a time, so-"

"So what? You thought that meant you could be late and I wouldn't care?" You raise your eyebrows at his scared expression.

"Nah, I'm joking. I don't really care." You explain, shoving a french-fry into your open mouth. "You gonna eat?"

"I'm not hungry," he smiles.

"Suit yourself."

"..."

"Consider you're debt paid." You say abruptly, standing.

"What! I thought-"

"I don't want money, i just wanted to see you in a fast-food place. It's hilarious how out of place you are." You chortle gleefully. 

At his hurt expression, you quickly add, "And you're nice. A person people like being around... I suppose."

He smiles.

"Shall we do this again?" He asks.

Shrugging, you reply, "Yeah, you're pick, though."

He laughs and so do you, as you both walk out of the building.

Sorry it kinda sucked! Hope you liked it though, Crazypud101!

Comment, request, vote, add to a list!

By the way, I'm rather excited for the next chapter! It's something I've never done before! 

I'll give you a hint as to what it contains. 

Angels (of a sorts), a doctor (of sorts), and a disbelieving Jim Gordon!