Victor X (Angel) Reader

Days are dark in Gotham, and not just because the sun is blocked by the thick clouds. The spirit of this city is burdened beyond belief, weighing it down like rocks sinking in a sad lake. The streets are always damp, as if Heaven itself mourns over the city.

They say that every cloud has a silver lining, but in Gotham this is not true.

The clouds of Gotham do not have silver linings, in fact they don't really have any linings. They are a dark foggy blanket covering that chokes sunlight and happiness.

Y/n has always wanted to see the bright blue sky that must be hiding behind the clouds. To see the stars twinkle in the night sky. To observe the sun, though not directly of course, in all its brilliant beauty.

But, she cannot see the sun from Gotham, and she cannot leave. To leave Gotham would be to leave everything she's ever known.

And she could never do that.

Whether it be because she's scared of the unknown, or for some other reason, she will not leave the city.

She is protected in its darkness, where no one can find her secret. The secret she's hidden her whole life.

It's been a hard secret to keep, but she has succeeded thus far.

She conceals herself in a large black button-up coat, with a large hood to cover her face. And she leads her life virtually unnoticed by society. Content with her life, she makes the best of living in the shadows and working at night.

Except tonight she wishes she had stayed home.

Y/n's head is ducked, and she walks her usual route to her night job with a soft smile. But words chill her to the core.

"Get in the trunk," A harsh voice orders.

A man points a gun at her head and forces her into the boot of a small black car. She yelps as he violently yanks her purse away and ties her hands in front of her.

She barely fits in the trunk because of her heavy coat and her secret. The secret she's scared to reveal.

The man slams the door shut and leaves Y/n in utter darkness. She's surrounded on all sides by the cold metal of the car, as she struggles to free her hands.

Gasping, panic sets in. Her breathing becomes more jagged and frightened as she pushes against the walls in a futile attempt to escape.

She continues to struggle and pant as the car drives away. Minutes go by as the car speeds away.

But the car trip is stopped after about a two-hour drive. The vehicle presumably hits another vehicle, and pops the trunk in the process.

Y/n falls out onto wet pavement and observes the damage.

The black car got into a head-on collision with a semi truck. The drivers appear to be dead, but Y/n doesn't take the chance that they could still be alive.

Hands still tied in front of her, she dashes from the crash. Nothing register in her brain except: run.

So, she runs and runs and runs.

The night slowly breaks into dawn as Y/n staggers across empty fields until she reaches a mansion of some sort.

Her legs give out before she can go any farther, and she collapses on the dewy glass. Her eyes flutter closed as she passes out.

Her coat was torn during her escape from the vehicle, and it fell from her as she dashed away, and she did not notice that her secret was revealed under the cloak of night.