Chapter Twenty-Six: A Lie

Bella POV

I awoke to the sound of my stupid phone buzzing. God, I thought I turned that stupid thing off! Soon, it stopped buzzing and I get up to see where Alice and Jasper are.

When I didn't find them, I assumed they went down to check us out. So I headed back to my room and change into another t-shirt and pair of jeans. I put my sneakers on and was about to leave when my phone started buzzing again.

I sighed and pulled out my phone. It was an unknown number, but I figured I'd answer it anyway to say wrong number or something.

"Hello?"

"Ah, Bella. Finally." Oh shiz.

"James."

"Good, you know who I am. That makes things much easier." I could hear and practically see his sadistic grin.

"What do you want?!" I snapped. He laughed.

"Feisty are we?"

"Go die in a hole!" I snapped

"Well, if you ever want to see your precious family again, you'll meet me at your dead Aunts house." He says.

My breath caught in my throat. Would I really sacrificed myself for my new family? Were they worth it? Would they-. Ah heck, of course they would.

I couldn't let them die because of me. They've already tried to protect me, so now it was my turn. Alice may have not liked me very much, or at all, but the others did. Jasper said so. I didn't want to get him hurt, or hurt him. They were defiantly worth it.

"Alright. I'll met you there." I say and hang up. Now just to get away without being caught. Right, how the heck was I suppose to sneak away from vampires?

~.~

I looked around the corner at Jasper and Alice as they still stood at the counter talking to a lady. I quickly threw myself into a crowd going by and hurried out of the hotel.

I hailed a cab and told them Roosevelt Street. He nodded and drove off onto the streets of Arizona. It had been years since I had been here. I had only visited my Aunt once or twice, so for the most part, I was stuck in the rainy town of Forks.

The taxi driver went slower than I wanted him to, so when we were about 10 minutes away, I paid the man and jumped out; sprinting toward my Aunts house. I got lucky that I never tripped or stumbled once. Maybe hanging with vampires helped my balance.

When I arrived at my Aunts house, I saw the door was ajar slightly. You would never had been able to notice it unless you were close enough and were looking at the door.

I took a deep breath and headed up the path to my Aunts door. It was now or never. I was probably going to die tonight, I knew I never should have let them adopt me. Yet they showed me a whole new way of life.

I never thought I would die this way, the way of a vampire. But yet, I seemed happy. I was saving the vampires that brought me into this world, and the mess I brought them into.

I took another deep breath and pushed the door open. The house was empty, it had been for years. No one had bought it, saying it was 'haunted' or whatever. Silly supernatural crap.

But if vampires were real, than I guess ghosts and werewolves could to. Jeesh, if I told anyone about all this, they'd think I've become crazier than before. I'd be a nut job.

"Hello!" I called out into the empty house. James had to be somewhere, he was hiding, trying to scare me. With my luck, he was going to play with me to.

Suddenly a dark, sadistic laugh rings out through the house. Great, he's ready to enjoy this.

"Look I'm here.....so leave the Cullen's alone." I say. He laughs again and appears from the bottom of the stairs.

"Yes, indeed your are." He says then holds up his hand showing a video camera. "I found this in the attic, hope it's ok that I use it." He says acting all innocent.

There's stuff in the attic? I thought everything was gone and thrown out. Maybe that was missed or something, or he's lying.

I slowly start to edge my way away from him to get near the kitchen, but he catches it, grins, and blurs over to my. He picks me up and throws me through a wall! Yep, gonna feel that in heaven.

He turns on the video camera and points it at me. He pushes the button and it starts recording.

"Won't your precious Cullen's love to see this. The ending of Isabella Cullen." He then laughs evilly and picks me up and I'm thrown across the room and my head hits the stairs.

I start to feel something warm run down my neck and James sniffs the air with a grin. Then I know it's blood, I'm going to die sooner than I thought.

I struggle to stand and balance myself with the help of the stairs railing, which was all covered in my blood.

James blurs forward and bits me. I can feel as more blood leaves me. Suddenly, I see Jasper and a few of the Cullen's, Maybe I am saved.

James pulls back and looks at the others and hisses.

They put up their hands showing they mean no harm. What the hell?

"We just want to kill the girl also. We are here to help." Jasper says with a grin. I feel my heart sink. I was dead meat. James nods.

"Alright, lets just throw her around then shall we." James says.

I thought I was saved.

Yet here I am standing face to face with death.

No prince charming to swoop in at the last second and save me.

He is the danger.

I should have known not to trust anyone.

They would only come back to hurt me.

So here I stand.

Preparing to take my last breath.

This really is a screwed up love story.