Chapter 2

“…. I need to feel like myself again. To be a better person for you and  for our family . I am so sorry. Please take care of them.  I’ll come back soon.  I promise. “

The last few lines of Cristina’s letter keeps echoing on Owen’s mind. He still could not believe what happened. All of Cristina’s clothes were gone, some of her medical journal and even the family picture on their bedside table.  She just left. She left her children. She left him. She left her job. SHE LEFT. How could she do this? He needs to find her. He needs to console her to go back and help her.

Maybe she’s at Meredith? That’s right, when there’s something go on, she always run off to Meredith.

------------

Meredith opens the door and found a miserable Owen with a 1 year old  and a 5 year old in tow.

Meredith : What happened?

Owen: Can they stay here first? Is their M-O-M here?

He is spelling the word so that Theo will not figure out. It took him an hour to calm him down and convince him to go to Aunt Mer’s house.

Meredith : Oh okay, you can leave your baby’s in HER room here and wait for me there. I will just take Theo in the playroom so he could be with Zola and Bailey.

Meredith came back after few minutes  to Cristina’s room in their house, where Owen is.

Meredith : here’s a bassinet. It’s Ellis'. Put Morgan here so that he will be more comfortable sleeping.

Owen put Morgan in the bassinet, he gently caress his black curls and cover him with a blanket. Once he was ensured that his son is sleeping he faced Meredith.

Owen : did she come here? Did she said anything?

Meredith : No, she did not.

Owen: She left us Meredith.

Meredith: Maybe she’ll come back in a while. You know, Cristina. Maybe she’s just cutting someone’s chest or walking around the city..

Owen: No, I called the hospital earlier. She is not there.

Meredith:  What did she say? Did you fight last night? Did you said something to her that upsets her?

Owen:  No. I think she was okay. She did not say much. But she seems in a good mood.  Everything seems usual, she tucks in the kids at night and then sleeps.  This morning when I wake up, I saw her letter and she was gone. I don’t know what to do Meredith. I don’t know why and I don’t know where to find her.

He is hyperventilating.

It panics Meredith.

Meredith : Owen, Relax. Calm down.  I will help you track Cristina.  I’ll help to bring her back.

He is controlling his emotions and sighed heavily. He does not want to harm anyone, he was just so upset and wanted to take out the pain he is feeling inside.

Owen : Meredith. I am afraid that she won’t come back to us.  You’ve mentioned to me before that the guilt of resenting her own child will eat her alive. Maybe that’s what happened, Meredith. Maybe she reached to the point and I hate myself for not noticing that, for not reading the signs... me... her own husband.

Meredith :  You know Cristina, It is  not easy to read her mind. She is a puzzle, Owen.  But you know I love her as much as you do. Do not worry, We’ll help you, Owen. Derek and I, We are here. We will help you look for Cristina.

------