Chapter 8

For Cristina, her purpose is to save lives and to contribute in cardiothoracic field that will change the face of medicine. As of now, she is in final phase of the trial - Her staff is magnificent and all gifted like her so she does not face any difficulty when it comes to work. However, If a problem arises they are able to find a solution right away. If about her career it was certainly her pride and joy, apparently when it comes to personal life - everything is complicated.

She is still thinking if she’s ready to do another therapy again – does she really need help? Is she willing to talk about her personal problem to a complete stranger? Okay, a professional yes but she is not the type of person who opens up easily especially when it comes to her personal dilemmas.

Now, she finds herself sitting in a couch in front of well-known therapist recommended by Teddy.  The office is the usual , bookcases full of psychology manuals, diplomas and award certificates from different universities posted on the walls,  well-decorated room with homely ambiance - in the center is a glass table and a  golden yellow couch. Behind it is a vast window showing the magnificent view of Zurich.

The Doctor is middle aged woman with short brown hair and rounded spectacles. Teddy is right this woman have a positive and calming effect aura.

Dr. Yang, It’s nice to meet you.

Cristina look at her intently and just smiled meekly. She is scrutinizing the vibes of this therapist – will she be able to help her? Is she that good?

Cristina : Likewise.

Therapist: so.. how do you find Zurich?

Cristina: Great! Magnificent watches and sweet chocolates.

Therapist : Good. Im glad you like it here.

Cristina: Yeah

Since they both know conversation is getting awkward and not making into any direction at all. The therapist starts to ask a sensible question:

“ So,What brings you here, today?”

Cristina is looking around the place first and not making any eye contact until the psychotherapist asked her this.. she did not answer immediately because she suddenly feel ashamed. She looks at her shoes then said “ I think I need help.”

Therapist:  I understand. So, How can I help you?

Cristina : I don’t know… give a diagnosis on what’s wrong with me and by advising something good, maybe?

Therapist:  Do you think there’s something wrong with you?

Cristina:  I guess.

Therapist: Why will you think that there’s something wrong with you?

Cristina: Okay, I’ll just make it to the point. I am a terrible person. I left my husband and two kids because one night I just suddenly does not recognize myself anymore. I am selfish too – I came here in Zurich to feel the thrill of my job and for me to get on the right track. My life had changed in a complete turn  and it feels like I am having regrets. I am lost. Okay?

Therapist:  That’s a good start.

Cristina: Okay then. Tell me what to do. Help me further.

Therapist: We’ll work together to make you better, Dr. Yang.

---

***A/N : Cristina has a very strong self-system and was adamant on not having kids (I respect her choice) but since I based this story on the 10x17 where she chose to have a family with Owen,  I want to show  how motherhood affected her in  good and bad way , and as well as how will she overcome the battle from depression.  😊