Chapter 13

Teddy is still sleepy when she got up of bed, there was someone banging her door. When she opened it - it is Cristina. She is cheery and in a full sporty outfit.

Cristina: Hi Teddy. Good Morning. Let's keep our blood rushing. Let's go jogging.

Teddy: I think I want to go to sleep. It is my off day... and I've pictured out myself attached to my bed all day.

Cristina: No. You have to get up. Come with me. The weather is good.

Teddy: Are you okay, Cristina?

Cristina: I am perfectly okay. Come on! Let's run!

Teddy: hold your horses, Yang. Okay. Wait for me.

Teddy knows she is not okay.

__

Cristina Yang is in ecstatic mood, it is not normal. Teddy is aware of it, but she knows she cannot leave her alone. She needs to be there. They were running around the park and as they reached the bridge, Cristina suddenly stopped. Teddy suddenly gets anxious.

Teddy: Hey, what's wrong?

Cristina: Nothing. It's just that. I thought running will help me get distracted. I hate when reality just blows your mood.

Teddy: Well, it is a good exercise for your body and mind - if you chose to. As you say spectacular weather and view.

Cristina: Teddy can we stop for a while?

As she sit on the sidewalk. She laughed, just laughed. Teddy knows this is a normal but atleast she asked her to be with her instead of laughing alone in a park - that will not be good. Cristina continues to laugh.

Cristina: my life is so funny. I am getting crazy. *laughing*

Teddy is unsure if Cristina's affect is messed up or it is just a way of dealing with whatever is bothering her again. She saw an ice cream truck nearby and bought two vanilla ice creams.

She handed one to Cristina. Cristina laughs more.

Cristina: *We should be running around, instead here we are... in a sidewalk eating ice cream! It is our off day - free day! You should be in your bed sleeping and I should be with my kids and Owen..........

She stopped when she realized what she said.

Teddy is silent.

Cristina: We should get going.

As she stood up.

Teddy: Cristina....

Cristina: Thanks for the ice cream. See you.

And then she left.

Teddy is worried sick. She did not see her the rest of the day and the next day.

Meredith called Cristina - never once she picked up. It's been 3 days. Meredith is worried sick.

__

Owen had made an announcement to the board that morning, which did not surprise everyone. Juggling his career and two kids is not a walk in the park, especially when you are just alone doing it. With responsibilities on his shoulders, he needs to lessen his surgery and working hours. His priorities have changed and letting go the chief position is the best thing - he needs to do.

That morning, everyone congratulated the new chief of surgery - Meredith Grey.

The day before he announced it, he talked to Meredith of course.

Meredith: Are you sure about this?

Owen: I am. You know my situation.

Meredith: Why me?