Chapter 12

It is as if Cristina and Owen's life was meant to be complicated- they are passionately in loved yet the universe has a habit of throwing dramatic events on their life that put their relationship on the rocks. That moment in front of the elevator when Cristina confessed to Owen how she wants to be with him forever, when they renewed their vows in the city hall, bought a house, had a pet, had a kid, had one more kid - they thought everything life is good as soon as they have each other. But yes, life is not supposed to be easy - it is like there are special obstacles planned and prepared for them.

The prime witness of their undying love, on-and-off relationship is Meredith. She was like the third person in their relationship.

Meredith is in Pedes ward, on her way to Room 504 where Morgan and Owen is.

She saw Owen on the bedside of the sleeping toddler. His hand was covering his face then he brushed to his forehead , up to his hair. He stood up and saw Meredith looking at him from the doorway.

Meredith: Is he okay?

Owen: I am not sure. He seems to be.

Meredith: He will be. You know I can stay here for a while. You can go home , bring some clothes and freshen up. I'll call you if they have the results.

Owen: Are you sure? I mean... I owe you a lot already, I mean.. Derek and your kids needs you too

Meredith: He will understand and you'll come back right away... right?

Owen: Of course, I'll just pick up Morgan's things and the tiny pillow he loves so he'll be more comfortable here.

Meredith: okay.. go ahead. I'll be here.

Owen was about to leave when he turn around and ask Meredith.

Owen: Meredith, thank you. But I feel bad because Cristina should be here, not you. She should be with her child , with me... but she's not.

Meredith: even if she's here, I will still stay here with her. So, no worries - go ahead so you can come back early.

Owen: Okay.

---

Meredith called Cristina.

After 3 rings, Cristina answered.

Cristina: Mer! Is he okay?

Meredith: He is. We are just waiting for Arizona to know the results.

Cristina: I want to see him. Put me on video call.

Meredith: Wait. My phone's battery is low. I'll use my Ipad.

Meredith sets up her Ipad and video called Cristina.

Cristina's face saddens as she saw how peaceful her son's sleep is - she pitied him as she glance the IV drip on his left arm and the oxygen mask

Cristina: This all my fault, Meredith. If I am there - he will not suffer like this.