Chapter 25

A/N : I know! It took a while again but yeah here's a new update. 😊 So.. Here it is. I think I will post maybe one or two more chapters then I will wrap up this story. Who knows maybe I'll write another story just to sprinkle water on our withered but still living crowen hearts. Lmao.

In this chapter are scenes between Evelyn Hunt and Cristina. I think it's important for Cristina to have this sort of permission and courtesy towards her mother-in-law. Besides, I aldo find it unfair that we were not given a chance to see their relationship as special ladies of Owen's life, especially it was Cristina, who became Owen's first wife, helped him through his PTSD and who convinced Owen to see his mom after he was discharged from the military. 😩

Anyway, here it is.. Again. 😂Tell me what you think of this chapter. 😊
-----

Cristina sighed as she received Owen's message that his meeting with the department heads had been extended for a couple hours. They have announced their plan to move to Europe to the board, and as his final task Owen volunteered to assess the residents and to decide who will be the chief resident. And with that they were fortunate to have instant babysitters on the hospital, the lousy residents trying to please Owen. If she can just asked those idiots to pick up their kids on her mother-in - law's house as well, but they have a one-in-one session. If she could just ask a favor to Teddy, but she've gone to Switzerland ahead of them to shoulder Cristina's duties until she comes back. Meredith is useless, as she is also busy with three kids. Therefore, Cristina did not have any choice but to pick up the kids from Mrs. Hunt's on her own.

Since Cristina's return, she did not have the chance to have a moment with her mother in-law, or more like she's avoiding that to happen. She's been to their home to visit the kids and was informed of their impending move to Switzerland by Owen. It wasn't evident though, but Cristina can feel that Mrs. Hunt is giving her the cold shoulder, with the few exchanged words they have and she knows as the courteous and nice lady as she is - - she will just support Owen's decision. She knows it will be for the good welfare of her grandkids as well. She believes a broken marriage scars the children deeper same with those who have deceased parent or parents. Maybe she's right.

---------

Cristina found herself driving towards the street of Owen's childhood home. It's been a while since she had visited the place. She remembers the very first time, when she had accompanied Owen to see his mom after he's been discharged from the army and suffering from PTSD. Mrs. Hunt was grateful to her; the lady informed her that she owes Cristina on giving her back her son and helping him to be a better person, even if he's a flawed man. She's very grateful of her mother in law as well, they didn't bond that much but they were very respectful to each other.

Today, if she's honest to herself, she's quite anxious to be alone with Mrs. Hunt. She had known her mistakes and how she'd hurt her children, her husband and by extension Evelyn Hunt. Though within her family sake, when she came back it seems that nothing happened, they had moved on and have forgiven her by not talking about her absence on the past year, and welcoming her to their lives again. Starting fresh. Rebuilding their after. But, Cristina knows Mrs. Hunt's case is different, it is important to her to fix her relationship with her mother in law before they move. She needs a clean slate in Seattle.

She parked the car on the front lawn, she's doing some minor breathing exercises inside, not yet prepared to meet Evelyn. She then heard noises of running kids from the main door followed by an estranged man, whom she assumes playing with her kids. Theo and Morgan went inside the house again but the man was left, trying to catch his breath on the front lawn. Cristina wondered who the guy is, as far as she knows - Owen does not have any brother. He only has a sister, Megan, to whom Morgan's named after. Cristina went out of the car, the man look towards her direction.