Chapter 23

They are snuggled under the covers on the couch at Owen’s office, same position the day they reconciled during Bailey’s wedding few years back. You can feel each other heavy breathing slowing down after their intense love making.  No one uttered any word; Owen touches Cristina’s face and gently moves her curls behind her ear. Cristina’s looks around his office and saw his lab coat hanging on the far end of the room, she smiled and Owen wondered why.

Owen: What?

Cristina: Remember when we had sex here before and I did not notice that I was wearing your lab coat instead of mine?

Owen laughed remembering that time “ oh that..”

____

Cristina was page 911 by Callie Torres as there is an emergency on one of their ortho patient with heart problem history.

She immediately got up but carefully removing herself from the covers to avoid Owen from waking up. She quickly wore her undergarments and scrubs and grabs a lab coat running from Owen’s Office towards the patient’s room.

When she arrived on the room, the patient is already stable as Dr. Altman had responded quickly as cardio consult.

Cristina: What happened?

Teddy: his heart stopped but we were able to revive him. He’s stable now.

Callie: Good thing Teddy is here on the cardio wing. I guess you are busy doing other things, Dr. Yang.

Callie grinned and Cristina just rolls her eyes.  Callie is still sneering towards her and she did not understand why, she left the room. Teddy notices Callie grinning and she mumbles “what’s funny?” when Cristina left the room.

Cristina reviews some charts on the cardio wing nurse station and since nothing interest her, she decided to go to cafeteria instead. The nurses on the station smirked and shook their heads when she went out of the cardio wing.

She slammed her tray at the table. Meredith and Alex look at her curiously.

Meredith: What’s with you?

Cristina:  This is a slow day. No interesting cardio cases and Callie and some nurses is looking at me like a bunch of weirdos.

Alex gazed at Cristina, he is busy munching his sandwich and almost choked when he noticed.

Meredith: Alex? Eat slowly.

Alex drinks water to clear his throat.

Alex: Yang, you were busy banging again while on duty. Don’t you? You have to ease down my friend.

Cristina’s eyes widen. How did he know?

Alex: Meredith, look at her. Don’t you notice something?

Meredith: What?

Meredith looks at her and then to Alex, they both laugh.

Cristina is irritated. “WHAT? You bunch of ---“. She stopped when someone taps her on the shoulder. It was April.

Cristina: WHAAAT?

Cristina glared at her. April cleared her throat and presented her a lab coat.

Alex: Dude. Easy. *still laughing* better check your lab coat.

Cristina took a glance of her own lab coat – or more like Owen’s lab coat. She did not notice that it was bigger until now. His badge is also pinned there.