Chapter 5

Owen is in the O.R. in the middle of an operation - digging in the stomach of a patient. He heard a knock from a glass, he looks up and saw Cristina smiling and waving to him, goodbye.  He moves his head as if saying “No.” the machines started beeping so he focus again into the patient and when he looks towards the OR gallery, she was gone.

He suddenly woke up, what a dream he said.  Oh great, another day of his miserable life.  He checked his phone to check messages and found that there’s one voicemail. When he heard her voice – his heart skipped a beat.

“Owen. I just want to let you know that I am okay and I am still alive. I am sorry.  I know it will take time for you to forgive me for what I have done. I am not a bad person, you know that. You are all important to me but I think I just needed some space to breathe. I hope you understand. Please send my regards to our boys. I’ll come back soon.”

After listening to the voicemail, he immediately selected the call button but he cannot reach the line. He has no idea where she is, but based on the number – he is sure that she is somewhere overseas.

He tried and tried to call back the number but failed to do so. He was so mad until he tosses his phone towards the door that produces a loud bang which startled the sleeping infant.  He feels guilty of what he had done; now he has to console the crying 1 year old.

Owen : I am so sorry buddies.

He said as he embraces his youngest son.

------

Callie and Meredith are on the nursing station when they spotted Owen with Morgan and Theo waiting for the elevator.  When the boys entered the lift, Callie did not hesitate to ask Meredith about the Hunts.

Callie: Hey Grey. I know you know something. Owen looks miserable and so does his kids. Where the hell is Yang?

Meredith :  I have no idea.

Callie : Did she leave? As in really leave Hunt and their sons?

Meredith : From what I know, Yes.

Callie : Where did she go? I know Cristina, she is a complicated person but I did not imagine that she will just leave her family.

Meredith : She did that for the sake of everyone. I guess.  She will go through it but my hopes are high that she overcome her problems. It just takes time for her to reveal her thoughts.

Callie: I feel so sad for Hunt. I don’t know if I can bear if I am on his situation right now.

Meredith: I know. All we can do is help him.

---

In the Other side of the world

Cristina is sitting in the lounge where there is a huge window with a majestic view of the city. The splendid structure design and even the atmosphere in Zurich are visually pleasing, it made her relax.  When she heard her name, she turns her head and saw Shane Ross.

Shane: Welcome to Zurich, Dr. Yang. I am so glad you finally accepted our offer.

Cristina:  Of course, Shane.

Shane: Are you ready for the handing over procedures?

Cristina: Handing over procedures?

Shane: You will be the lead researcher of the conduit trial again. Is it not the purpose why you are here?

Cristina: No. I just… Ahh, Are you sure?

Shane:  Yes.  I want to give it back to you. The conduit trial is your first baby and it deserves to be recognized under your name. Oh by the way, How is Dr. Grey? Dr. Hunt? And Theo and --- what the baby’s name again?

Cristina : Morgan. They are fine. Absolutely fine.

Shane : Okay then,  I will first tour you around the labs. There are two medical researches that is ongoing in the Institute. The first one is the conduit trial and the next one is cardiac stem cell research and  Ohh there she is – the lead researcher .

Cristina cannot believe her eyes. That tall, slim and blonde figure is no other than Owen’s best friend – Teddy Altman.

Cristina : Teddy. What are you doing here? I thought you were in Germany or something.

***
A/N : It hurts me to write in detail the Cristina and Owenlast goodbye so i kept it brief and simple. ✌