Chapter 3

***A/N : This happened before Cristina left Owen and their children. It will show Cristina giving a hint to Meredith what she feels about motherhood. |  Scenes inspired  from 10x17.
*** Greys Anatomy is created by Shonda Rhimes

-------

Cristina got up early this time feeling uncomfortable going back to sleep,so  she carefully get up not wanting to wake her husband.She walk through the door and went to the study room across their bedroom to get her phone and then looks at the other bedroom where her 4 year old son is still sleeping.

While drinking her morning tea, she get her phone and  read a text from Meredith.

Bailey’s 7th birthday party today at the park, see you! – Mer

Oh yeah, it is Bailey’s birthday she almost forgot. She made breakfast, a sandwich and orange juice for Owen then milk and cereals for Theo – does not involve cooking but still can be considered as morning meal.

She immediately went upstairs to wake up Owen, as she walks through the hallway she heard laughs coming from Theo’s bedroom where she saw her husband and son.

Owen: “Hey there you, Good morning! “* He went to Cristina and kissed her cheek* “feeling nauseous?, you got up early.. i was going downstairs but i saw that our little man is also awake...”

Cristina “No.. i just made breakfast, we need to prepare , Mer already texted me it’s bailey 7th birthday and they are going to celebrate it at the park this afternoon..”  *She snuck out from Owen’s embrace and went ahead to her son to help him get up* “ Come on Theo – we have to eat breakfast and we need to get going.. your Aunt Mer will keep texting and calling me if we’ll be late.”

“ I will just follow you there, i just need to go to the hospital to check one of my patients , okay? But dont worry i’ll take you there first..” Owen said as he carry Theo and assist Cristina to descend the stairs.

----

Cristina and Theo went to the side of the park where there’s  a noticeable bouncy house shaped like a car and benches that are full of red, blue and yellow balloons – clearly means that there is a party going on for a kid. They are welcomed by Meredith who scoops up Theo and hugs him tightly then put him down again to greet his mother.

Meredith: “Oh hello there, Cristina! I thought you will be late , im not expecting you this early”

Cristina: “Yeah, Owen went to the hospital early so he drives us along here, anyway, is there any food? how about drinks?  and i need to sit...”  

Meredith: “Okay, come on. But no tequila it is not allowed on your system right now especially on that state.“   Meredith assisted her pregnant friend, heading on the bench where the foods and gifts are, then she holds Theo’s hands.. “ come here too, Theo let’s just assist your mama so that she can sit comfortably and then we’ll go to Bailey and Uncle Derek so that you can play with them along with other kids”

Cristina place her gift to the pile, carefully sits on the bench and was greeted by Callie and along with Sofia.

Callie: “HI there Cristina, nice maternity dress! I love the color! It suits you well”  She smiles while Callie compliments her.  “Thank you but i still prefer my scrubs its way more comfortable..”

“ You are going to wear your scrubs for a long time but not the maternity dress - you know? Its a special dress you only wear as you carry a life,inside of you... you know.. “ Callie said, then Arizona suddenly blurted out “by the way, where’s Owen and Theo?” not wanting to see Cristina’s reaction of Callie’s perkiness about  their friend’s pregnancy.

Cristina : “ Owen’s at the hospital but he’ll come after he checked one of his patients and do some paperwork, Theo is in the bouncy house with Derek and Bailey.. ”

“Oh i see, Okay.. we’ll just go there to greet Bailey a happy birthday! Catch you later!”  Arizona said as she went to the bouncy house along with Sofia and Callie.

As Callie and Arizona headed towards the bouncy house, Meredith came back and sat beside Cristina. Cristina is looking at Derek, Bailey and Theo, having fun at the bouncy house.. she can see that her son is very happy with his playmates, she doesnt usually see him like that, maybe because all she did with her son is stay with him, read storybooks at home and let him play on the corner of their research lab sometimes. Owen is the one  who have father-son playtime with cars, legos and baseball.

“Hey you? Feeling comfortable now? .. Who are you looking at?”  Mer said as she see Cristina seriously looking towards the three men on the bouncy house.

“Ohh. Just my kid.. playing with your kid and husband, I've never seen him so cheerful like that, you know? Maybe i was too busy with my work and I became a part time mother.. I dont know Mer, i still feeling like kinda screwed after all this. I know I have Owen and Theo – they are my world  but sometimes its just unfair since this is not the life I imagined to be..” Cristina said, tears fell down on her face. Meredith wiped her person’s tears and comforts her “ Cristina? I’ve witnessed how you’ve changed  and believe me – you are a good mother a damn excellent doctor,  you just dont see it on yourself .. you know? I think its this stupid pregnancy hormones that makes you like this , you are awesome and Theo is awesome, you did a great job.. maybe better than me and surely better than my mother..”  Cristina suddenly smiled and felt alright. “Thank you, Mer.. by the way.. where’s the food? Can i have that one?” Meredith  knows how to help her emotions be intact but she know there is something bothering her bestfriend, and whatever it is.... she will always be the first line of support.