Chapter 14

They are both in the balcony looking at the overview.  Cristina sitting on a chair while Owen standing beside her. No one had said a word ever since Owen arrived on her doorstep 15 mins ago.

Cristina: How are they?

Owen: They are fine. They are with my mom.

Cristina: Okay.

Owen: Do you want to eat?

Cristina: No. I just want to sleep.

Owen: Okay.

Owen moved away from her and Cristina suddenly stood up.No one knows that to say. It’s very odd for a married couple to be in this awkward situation.

 It’s very odd for a married couple to be in this awkward situation

Owen: Can I take a shower? I need a bath and to rest as well.

Cristina: Okay Go ahead, the shower is just on the right side of the hallway.

Owen: Okay.

Owen went ahead to freshen up, It took him several hours to get there in Zurich. He was thankful that he saw her alive, not that he was expecting to see her lifeless.  He needs to set aside the anger and understand his wife’s condition. He is thinking on how he will deal with her depression. What will be the way for her to feel normal, for her to feel herself again? He is enjoying the warm shower and he feels it gets warmer.

Cristina went inside and hugged him from behind. Owen turned around and kisses her forehead. She snuggled more on his chest. Both are satisfied within the arms of each other and it made more relaxing under a warm shower. The silence between now is comfortable.

---

When Owen woke up the next morning, Cristina is not around anymore. He jolted awake fearing that he might lose her again. He was relieved when he saw a note on his bedside table. It says Cristina just went to work, she even gave the address and her Zurich number.

He decided to eat breakfast first then go to the hospital to visit Cristina.

He is on the lobby of Klausmann Institute when he took a glimpse of a familiar blonde passing through the hallway with other researchers.

When she turned around, he immediately call her attention.

Owen: TEDDY!

She smiled and they both hugged.

Teddy: Hey Hunt. What brings you here? Did you see her already? Is she okay? I am trying to reach her for these past few days but I am also caught up in work… so…

Owen:  Yes, I was with her just last night actually. Meredith told me she’s here but I did not know that you are…

They both went out of the hospital and sat on the bench outside.

Teddy:  I am sorry, I just need something new so yeah I quit the job in MedCon and got a project ongoing here..

Owen:  I know. I understand.

Teddy: I am so sorry too that I did not tell you that Cristina is here.  I mean, I understand what she’s been going through..  we have different ways of dealing changes in our lives.

Owen: It’s okay. I am grateful that she has someone whom she can trust here. Thank you for being here with her.

Teddy:  She is doing magnificent in her work, Owen. She’s on a therapy. She’ll come around. Just be supportive, Okay?

Owen: Yes, I know. But sometimes I just..  I don’t know. To be honest,  I am angry because she has this habit of just leaving out of the blue.. I mean I don’t want this time to happen again in the future, I don’t want to be in that cycle.

Teddy: Cristina is very complicated but she highly value people that she loves so much, even though it breaks her.  You have to understand women, You married a one of kind. You have to deal with it.

Teddy smiled and Owen laughed. They catch up about their life, shared stories about group of friends and kids; they both enjoy the company of each other.  It just feels great if there’s someone you can talk to.

Teddy’s colleagues went by and saw them talking to each other. They greeted their boss.

Dr. Clark : Good Afternoon, Dr. Altman. We just went down to buy some coffee and bun.

Teddy: Hello Doctors. By the way, This Is Dr. Owen Hunt, Trauma Surgeon from Seattle.

Dr. Springfield:  Nice to meet you, doctor.  What brings you here in Zurich? Are you enjoying the city so far?

Owen: Just visiting my wife. It’s my first day here so I hope I can look around the city.

Dr. Clark: You have a very handsome husband, Dr. Altman.

Teddy : Oh No, he’s not my husband. He’s my best friend. We worked together back in Baghdad and Seattle.

Dr. Springfield: I thought you said he said he's visiting his wife so we assumed that..

Owen: Oh that, Teddy is my bestfriend but my wife also works here. She’s a doctor too.

Dr. Clark :  A doctor here in Klausmann?

Teddy: Yes. Dr. Cristina Yang is his wife. They have two kids.

Dr. Springfield: Dr. Yang of the conduit trial? Whoah. We did not know that she’s married.  I mean, she does not seem the type. Anyway, we need to get going. We’ll see you in the lab, Dr. Altman. Enjoy Zurich, Dr. Hunt.

Owen, a gentleman shake the hands and smiled to the young female doctors. Teddy notices the changed in Owen’s expression when the young doctors left.

Teddy: You know that Cristina is a very private person, Owen.

Owen: Yeah.

Teddy:  Do you want to go upstairs? I mean, I can accompany you to her lab.

Owen: No, It’s fine. I’ll just take a look around the city first. See you.

He bid goodbye to Teddy and said to himself that his wife needs to feel married again. He just need to find a way how.

***

I finally updated this story. Sorry for the long wait! 😊✌