Jeff Skinner CH

Prompt: "I'd wait forever, as long as I could be with you in the end"

(y/n) POV

I sat at home scrolling through Instagram when I decided that I wanted to post a cute selfie that Jeff and I had taken a few days ago. As soon as I had posted it, my phone started pinging like crazy.
"She's way to young for him!"
"Omg why is he still with her, she's practically a child"
"I don't care what people say: she's ugly af"
"Her and Jeff are soooooo cute together"
"I love them so so much"

It was nice to see some pleasant comments mixed in with the negative ones and I replied to the nice ones. However, the ones saying I was to young were probably right. I mean I was 20 and Jeff was 25. Technically I'm not a proper adult in the USA.

After a few minutes I had had enough. I shut off my phone and wiped my tears.  I decided that I would talk to Jeff about it when he got home. More like, possibly break up with him. Not even my parents liked him. And not because of the age. They didn't like his job.  But I went against them and dated him anyway, this was when I was 19 and we got a lot of backlash. The only news about us was commenting on the age. And I couldn't take it anymore, something had to be done.

I heard the door shut and Jeff take his shoes off. Instead of running up to him like normal, I just sat here waiting for him.
"Hey (y/n), are you alright?" Jeff asked as he went to place a kiss on my lips but I turned my head.
"Fine. How was practice?" I asked as he changed into something more comfortable.
"It was good, coach was being a bit harder on us today but we all managed. And are you sure you're alright, you seem a bit different." He said as he took a seat on the bed.
"Actually we need to talk." I told him and turned around so I was facing him.
"(y/n), you're scaring me." He said and took my hands but I pulled them back.
"Jeff, I can't do this anymore. We need to break up." I said and felt the tears but I didn't dare look up because I knew that Jeff's face would break my heart.
"What! What's happened I can try to fix it?" He said and took my face in his hands.
"The age gap Jeff. Everyone comments on it and even my friends hate it." I said and finally looked up only to have my heart broken by the pain in his face.
"No (y/n), we can get through this please. Don't do this." He told me, his voice cracking.
"Also Jeff, you're going to want to get married soon and have kids but I'm not ready I'm still in school" I said through tears.
"We'll do all of that when we're both ready." He said and wiped my tears.
"But I don't want you to have to wait." I whispered but he heard me.
"I'd wait forever, as long as I could be with you in the end. I'll wait until you finish school and we start to talk about it more. I don't care when that may be. Because I know I want to marry you and have a family with you. But I don't care when. Because I'll be waiting for you, even if that's forever." He said and by the end of it we we're both in tears. I never realised he loved me that much, we hadn't even said 'I love you' to each other.
"Jeff, I'm sorry for being stupid I shouldn't have let it get to me. Or I should've talked to you about it." I said and moved so I was straddling him.
"You weren't being stupid. I probably would've done the something if I was in your position. But (y/n) don't ever worry because I love you." He said and I felt more tears but happy tears.
"I love you too Jeff." I said and kissed him with all the love that I had and I could tell that he did the same.
"Please don't forget that (y/n). I will always love you. Even if I have to wait forever for you to be fully ready. Because I'm not going anywhere." He whispered into my neck and kissed it lovingly.
"I'm not going anywhere either Jeff, don't worry. I love you too much." I told him and once again kissed him.