William Nylnader TML

Prompt: "I thought you were dead"
Warnings: fighting (couple arguing), swearing

"You're being ridiculous!" I shouted at William from across the room.
"You were flirting with your best friend, so don't tell me that I'm being ridiculous." He screamed back.
"I wasn't flirting with Kappy!" I replied but he still had the stern look on his face that I only ever saw when he was out on the ice. Will and I had gone round Mitch's for a movie night along with Auston, Kappy, Morgan and Matt. But whilst we were there I was making friendly conversation with all of them, and talking to Kappy a lot. I was just being friendly and talking to him but I could tell that Will wasn't happy about it and he really wasn't happy when I sat next to Kappy. In fact he was so angry with me, he sat next to Morgan rather than on the other side of me.
"(y/n) I'm not blind I know what I saw!" He shouted at me.
"Well you obviously don't or you would know I was just being nice to him and trying to make him feel welcome." I screamed back.
"Oh my, (y/n) stop trying to deny it. I never knew you were such a fucking slut. I should have known you were actually just a puck bunny all along." He spat the words at me and with that sentence he had pushed me too much.
"Don't you dare call me a fucking slut. You know very much that I wouldn't do that too you, and win your best friend. I am not a fucking puck bunny. I care for you and I was being nice to your friends because they're my friends too." I screamed at him and turned away and put my shoes back on.
"(y/n) were are you going?" Will asked in a calmer tone.
"Where ever the fuck I want!" I replied and took my phone and went out the door.

I walked to Mitch's house, he was my friend as well and it was actually Mitch who ran into me when I first met Will but Mitch was too awkward to help me up so Will did it instead, and knocked on his door with tears running down my face. I heard the sound of his footsteps and the sound of the lock clicking before the door opened.
"Oh hi (y/n), I didn't know you were coming back round. Did you miss me that much?" He joked as it had only been an hour since I left.
"No, I just-" I couldn't form a sentence before the tears came back.
"Oh (y/n). Come in." Mitch said and pulled me in for a hug whilst walking back into the house. We walked back into the living room and I saw Auston still on the sofa he was smiling at me until he saw my tear stained cheeks.
"I'm sorry I came here I just didn't know where else to go." I said and it was true, I had moved to Toronto to go to university and left my family and friends behind and I didn't have that many friends on my course so the hockey boys were really all I had.
"(y/n) don't apologise but why are you here? Do I need to hear Will up?" Mitch asked and I laughed at the thought of him trying to beat up Will.
"We had an argument and he said some really mean stuff and I left." I said and felt my phone keep bussing from texts. I unlocked my phone but as soon as I had it switched back off and came up with connect your charger screen.
"What were you arguing about?" Auston asked from my other side.
"Kappy." I replied flatly.
"What about Kappy?" Mitch asked cluelessly.
"He thought I was flirting with him and next thing you know he's calling me a puck bunny." I said and felt the tears again.
"He said that?" Auston asked and I nodded. "(y/n) I know I shouldn't be sticking up for him in this situation but I'm sure he was just jealous and said things he didn't mean. He's terrified of losing you trust us we know how much he loves you!" He said and I nodded.

I stayed at Mitch's for another hour before Auston offered to take me back to mine and Will's apartment on his way back home. Once Auston had driven me back he saw panic and anger in my eyes and told me just to talk to Will and say I feel needs to be said.

When I walked through the door I heard a loud sob from the living room and walked in there to see Will sat on the sofa with his head in his hands crying loudly.
"Will?" I said loud enough for him to hear and his head snapped up and he ran towards me, lifting me up in a hug.
"(y/n) where have you been I tried calling and texting but you didn't reply. I thought you were maybe dead." He said in a rush never letting me go. "And I'm so sorry I never meant those thing you aren't a slut or a puck bunny and I know you weren't flirting with Kappy. And I understand if you hate me but I'm just so scared that your going to leave me."
"Will, I don't hate you and I'm not going anywhere. Also I was at Mitch's but my phone died. I'm fine." I said to him kissing his lips lightly.
"I need to buy you a portable charger, you had me so worried." He said kissing my forehead.
"Just know I won't always stand for this Will, you had no right to call me what you did but I love you and I'm going to forgive you but know that if you do it again I probably won't." I told me sitting us down on the sofa.
"Babe I promise there won't be a next time. You're right I went over the line by saying what I did and I will make up for it. I love you too." Will said kissing me once again, then lifting me up and carrying me to the bedroom, putting me and chucking me one of his t-shirts to change into before engulfing me in his arms. Both of us soon falling asleep, trying to forget about what happened tonight.