Matthew Tkachuk CF

Request: Can you do a Matthew Tkachuk imagine where you have a gala and you go and get your haircut and you don't like it and you're scared what matt will think. But then he tells you something cute? Thank u xx

Warnings: insecure reader

(y/n)'s POV
It was the award night for Calgary tonight and I thought it was time for a change. I always had long hair, it was currently down to the bottom of my back/top of my bum. And I had been thinking about getting it cut for a while but I hadn't had the right time. So I thought that it would be perfect for tonight.

And that was what I did. I got it cut. It was now down to just below my shoulders and I couldn't tell if I liked it. It looked very different and it looked strange. I was scared on what Matt would think. If I didn't like it then how could someone else. Especially when it was a complete surprise. It was meant to be a nice surprise but I don't think it will be now that I'm looking at it in the mirror. I liked it in the salon but now I realised that it shaped my face and outlined my flaws.

I had now been sat staring at myself in the mirror for nearly an hour and I hadn't done anything but pick out everything wrong with this haircut. It was a stupid idea, I had always had it long. Why did I think it would be a good idea. Finally I started to put on my makeup as I saw the time and realised that I only had an hour until Matt picked me up. I tried not to think about what he would think about it but it's hard when it's all that's on my mind. When I had finished my make up I put on the dress that I was wearing. It was a long burgundy dress with a slit up to my thing and an open back. I put it on and looked in the mirror and felt self conscious about myself. When I bought the dress my hair covered my back so it didn't bother me but now my bare back could be seen. I nearly picked up my phone to call Matt and tell him I wasn't feeling well and didn't want to go but I got a text saying he would be at mine in 15 minuets.

I was pacing my flat, in a nice dress heels. I must have been annoying the person in the flat below mine but I didn't care right now. What would he think? Would he still think I was pretty? My thoughts were interrupted by a soft knocking at the door. I walked as slow as possible to the door trying to prolong the conversation that was about to happen. Slowly I opened the door and saw Mat stood there in a suit that fitted perfectly and made him look amazing.

"Wow (y/n), you look beautiful!" He stated and leant in to kiss me, which I gladly accepted even though I was shocked.
"What?" I said out loud in disbelief.
"I said that you look beautiful." He said, confusion taking over his features.
"Really, I made a really bad decision when I got my hair cut. I hate it and now you can see my back and I look horrible in this dress and my hair frames my face strangely." I whispered and felt the tears.
"What, no you don't. You look amazing and why does your hair matter. You look great. It doesn't frame your face weirdly it makes you look better because you can't hide behind it. I can still run my fingers through it. I like it just as much as I liked your long hair. And that dress. Don't even get me started on it ok? You are beautiful now and you will always be beautiful in my eyes. Even when you don't feel it." He said whilst looking into my eyes and holding my hand with one of his as the other wiped away the stray tears.
"Matt, thank you. I just, don't know. I wasn't feeling good enough. And Matt, you look amazing too. I'm so lucky to have you." I told him and stood on my tip toes to kiss him on the lips.
"No (y/n), I'm the lucky one. I love you so much!" He said and I felt like my heart stopped. In our year long relationship that was the first time that either of us has said those three words.
"Matt, I love you too!" I said and kissed him with every emotion I was feeling right now.
"Well, (y/n) I think we have somewhere to be!" Matt said joyfully and I nodded taking his hand and locking the door before following him to the car. Feeling a lot more confident and happy to how I was earlier. I was truly the luckiest girl in the world for having Matt in my life.