Josh Anderson CBJ

Request: Hi! I was wondering if i could request an imagine.A Josh Anderson one where you guys are dancing along to Carried Away by George Stait at a teammates wedding and Nick Foli ask the photographer to take a pic of the 2of you dancing lost in each others eyes and you get even closer if possible and say"I love you"later on theres a fight and Nick didn't know and he gave the pic to Josh and he just breaks down and they make up?Is that too much info?
A/N: I don't know much about Columbus so I'm sorry in advance. Also I know you wanted it to be a happy ending but this was getting quite long so if you want a second part just let me know!

(y/n)'s POV
I was laughing along with some of the girlfriends that were here for Nick's wedding. We were laughing at a joke someone, I'm not sure who, said when I felt someone hovering behind me. I looked over my shoulder and saw Josh standing there looking fine in his suit that was tailored perfectly to fit his muscular build.
"Hi babe, you alright?" I asked as he kissed my cheek.
"Yeah, I just wanted to ask you to dance but you don't have to!" He shying proclaimed and I heard a chorus of aw's coming from behind us.
"I would love to Josh!" I exaggerated, making him laugh and calming his nerves a little. Whilst we were walking to the dance floor the song changed to 'Carried Away'. One that Josh was always quoting lyrics from. He placed his arms around my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck, pulling us closer together. I could feel his breath on my head but I didn't care in that moment. I looked into his eyes and got lost in them momentarily. They were what drew me in when we first met. The calming blue of them reminding me of the ocean, providing all the comfort I needed.
"You good there (y/n)?" Josh joked with me. I felt my cheeks tint at that but I continued to stare into his beautiful eyes.
"Sorry I just got carried away, the blue in your eyes distracted me!" I teased and his cheeks were going a bright red. I giggled and moved so my head was resting on his shoulder. I could smell the familiar scent of his aftershave that he only used for special occasions. Smiling to myself I wondered how I got so lucky. I let out a content sigh and smiled once again when I heard Josh singing the lyrics under his breath.
"(y/n), I love you!" Josh whispered as the song came to an end. I quickly moved to look into his eyes, having never heard these words be used in our relationship. We started into each other's eyes until I moved forwards and placed my lips on his. Those familiar sparks took over and I knew I was head over heels for him. We pulled away and I took a deep breath.
"I love you too!" I truthfully told him, feeling like I was on cloud nine. We both had massive smiles and got even closer together, if it was even possible. We got lost in each other in the moment. Blocking out the rest of the world. Not even knowing there was a photograph capturing the moment for eternity.

A few weeks later
I walked into the house fuming, with Josh quick on my tail.
"Come on you can't deny it. You're avoiding the topic. We need to discuss this (y/n). It's inevitable that it's gonna have to happen at some point!" Josh exclaimed as we walked into my apartment after having just been on our weekly date.
"Josh I just don't want you to meet them yet. It really doesn't matter why!" I almost yelled, cringing at the tone of my voice but also wishing that he'd see that I didn't want to talk about it.
"(y/n) they're your parents! I'm going to have to meet them at some point. Surely it's better now than turning up snd saying we're engaged or something. I don't see why you don't want me to meet them." He ranted to me, sounding slightly deflated but still using harsh tones.
"Look I just don't feel like you need to meet them yet. Why is it such a big deal anyway?" I questioned, slowly getting more annoyed. My parents weren't people I mentioned often and that was for good reasoning.
"Of course it's a big deal! Are you really that embarrassed of me that you don't want me to meet them?" He asked, looking offended even though those words had never once left my mouth.
"What the hell. I'd never be embarrassed of you." I tried to say but Josh wasn't having it. All he could see was red and I could tell that it wasn't going to end well.
"If you're really that ashamed of me then we shouldn't even be together!" He told me but I could see the tears forming in his eyes and it was like I could feel my heartbreak.
"No Josh. Come on. Just-" but I never got to finish my sentence because he quickly cut me off.
"Save it. I don't want to hear it." He said and walked out of my apartment leaving me heartbroken and alone. I felt the tears run down my face and quickly ran into my bedroom, where I fell onto my bed and let the sobs rake through my body. Why am I so stupid? I've turned out exactly like them. Why didn't I just tell him the real reason?

Josh's POV
I woke up in the morning with a headache as well as feeling like my world had quickly crashed down. I got up and looked in the mirror. Red streaks covered my cheeks, evidence that I had been up all night crying. Why wouldn't she tell me the reason? All I wanted was to meet her parents. She's met mine on multiple occasions, what's the difference. She must've really been embarrassed by me. I tried my hardest to look like I hadn't spent my whole night crying and quickly left my apartment so I could get to practice.

All of practice I couldn't fully concentrate and for the first time in awhile hockey was the last thing I wanted to be doing. All I wanted was to be alone and wallowing in self pity. Luckily practice was soon over and I was trying to leave the arena as quickly as possible.
"Josh! Wait up!" I heard Nick shout from behind me, carrying something in his hands.
"What's up?" I asked as we walked together.
"Well the photos from the wedding came in yesterday and we thought you would want this. It's adorable isn't it?" He said and pulled out a picture of (y/n) and I gazing into each other's eyes. Moments after declaring our love for each other. Just seeing the picture made tears cloud my vision but I tried to hide them.
"Um yeah it is. Thank you nick." I quickly rushed out, wanting to leave but he stopped me.
"What's wrong? You seem more upset by it than happy." He questioned and that broke everything down. Tears freely escaped my eyes and Nick stood looking confused.
"We uh- we broke up. We had an argument about her not wanting me to meet her parents and I think I jumper to conclusions but I broke up with her." I said for the first time out loud and it only just seemed like it became real.
"Josh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you. But if you think you jumped to conclusions then maybe you should talk to her?" He offered and I shrugged not knowing what to do. He told me to go and see her. Take the picture and go over there.

Now I stood outside her apartment with this picture of us looking so in love. Which was quite possibly not what she was feeling right now. Or maybe she never felt it in the first place. But I know how I feel and how I felt during our relationship. I had to find out why she didn't want me to meet them. Glancing down at the picture again I smiled, our eyes were locked with each other. Clearly oblivious to the rest of the world. That's how I imagined it to always be. But now that might be changing forever. Here I was stood outside her apartment, the most familiar thing in the world yet I was terrified of knocking on the door that I'm so used to.