Nathan Beaulieu MC

Prompt: "I can't enjoy this bagel while you're crying, so you better tell me what the matter is

Prompt: "I can't enjoy this bagel while you're crying, so you better tell me what the matter is."

My day had defiantly been the worst one of my life. To start off with, my alarm didn't go off then my car wouldn't start so I had to walk, this made me late to work where my boss had a go at me and threatened to replace me if this happened again even though it was the first time that this has ever happened. To top it off, when I was walking home, it started to rain and I tried to catch the bus but as soon as I got to the stop, it drove off. Luckily I was only in for half a day and was back home by 1 o'clock.

So I arrived home, soaking wet and wanting to cry but I refused. I saw that Nathan's car was here which meant that he was back from going out with the boys. It was for that reason that I refused to cry, I didn't want to make him worry so I just tried to forget about it.

"Nathan, I'm home!" I called throughout the house, walking into the living room to find him sat on the sofa.
"Hi, doll. How was work?" He asked me as I walked over to him.
"It was fine but my car wouldn't start this morning so I had to walk home, hence the reason I'm soaked. How were the boys?" I replied whilst taking my shoes off.
"I'll tell you once you're in some dry clothes. I'll go make us some lunch." He told me and I nodded. When I had walked through the bedroom door, I saw one of Nathan's Montréal tops on the bed, so I put that on as well as a pair of leggings.

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen to see Nathan sat at the breakfast bar with two plates, with bagels placed on them.
"(y/n), I made your favourite. Smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels. Now come here and I'll tell you how the boys were." He said and I did as he said.
"Ok tell me." I replied settling my phone on the table.
"Well, Jordie was being Jordie, Brendan and Alex were acting like children as usual!" He said and I heard my phone ping, looking down I saw that it was a text from a coworker asking if I could do a cover shift tomorrow for them.  And with that I felt the tears come back.
"Well that doesn't surprise me." I replied to him as I tried to cover up the crack in my voice.
"(y/n) are you ok?" He asked and took my hand in his.
"Yeah I'm fine , anyway what else?" I said trying to stop the silent tears.
"I can't enjoy this bagel while you're crying, so you better tell me what the matter is." He said seriously.
"I had a really bad day today and my boss threatened to replace me if I was late again and now my friend asked if I can do a shift for them tomorrow and I don't want to be rude so I have to do it but that was meant to be my first day off in weeks." I told him and let the tears fall.
"You're not doing that shift tomorrow, love. So just say that you can't and let's go relax once we've eaten because you haven't eaten or slept properly in a while because of work." He said and took my phone replying to the coworker saying that I couldn't go in to work tomorrow.

The next day all we did was watch movies and cuddle as Nathan had no hockey game.
"I love you Nathan, thank you for today." I said and kissed his lips.
"I love you too (y/n), and that's quite alright and now you have nearly a week off so I was wondering if you wanted to go to Toronto the team tomorrow?" He asked and kissed my head as I rested it on his chest.
"I don't want to intrude on your away games." I said and I listened to his heartbeat.
"You won't (y/n), all the guys love you and I already told everyone you were so now you have to." He told me and kissed my head once again.
"Then it seems like I will be going with you." I laughed and let my eyes close, falling asleep to the sound of his heartbeat.