Auston Matthews TML

Request: Please do an Auston Matthews break up imagine

Warnings: swearing, kinda sad

(y/n)'s POV
Here we go again, I thought to myself as I heard the sound of Auston's hockey bag hitting the floor. They had just lost 5-0 so I knew he wasn't going to be happy. But what made it worse was that I couldn't go to the match because I had a test to study for so I watched it from home. And he was always annoyed when I didn't go. But he was going to be pissed cause they lost and I wasn't there. It also meant I would be the blame for the team playing like crap. If they wanted to win then they need to out onto the ice trying and not thinking that it should be an easy win.

I was in the kitchen when he stomped in. He looked at me and huffed.

"I thought you were studying. I mean that was your excuse for not coming to the game!" He muttered and I could see the anger on his face and hear it in his voice.

"I was, I had the game on in the background and I needed a drink. So don't try and make it sound like I lied to get out of watching you play. You know that I love to watch the games live!" I shouted back, this was my first mistake of the night. I shouldn't have raised my voice because that only made him shout louder.

"Well maybe if you actually loved to watch me play you would've been there and then we might not have lost!" He screamed, his face turning red.

"Don't blame the team playing shit on me!" I shouted back. Now I was growing angrier by the second.

"Oh wow you really know what to say, don't you? But how could you know how we played if you were 'studying'?" He asked me stepping closer.

"I told you, I had the game on in the background. Do you really not believe me? Do you think I lied to you?" I asked, the anger being replaced by hurt.

"Yes (y/n), for all I know you're fucking the guy next door!" He screamed back, and I wanted to tell myself that he was just angry about losing the game but this isn't how you're meant to treat your girlfriend.

"Are you being serious? I get that you're angry but that's no excuse to accuse me of cheating on you!" I yelled at him and I started to get angry again.

"Oh, it's not the fact that I lost that I said that. You're always throwing yourself at other guys that it wouldn't surprise me if you were cheating on me." He said forcefully took a step forward but I  moved out of his path.

"NO. I'm not going to put up with this. You shouldn't take your anger out on me. I haven't done anything to deserve this. It's not fair on me. I'm done. Ok. You always act like this after a shitty match and I'm sick of it!" I shouted and began to walk away. I wasn't crying but I felt like my heart was ripped out. I felt Auston grab my wrist and turn me around.

"Wait (y/n) I'm sorry. You're right I shouldn't treat you like. I'm a shit boyfriend I know but it wont happen again." He pleaded but I shook him off.

"No Auston you're not a shit boyfriend, you were a shit boyfriend. You always say sorry and it won't happen again but it does. We're done. Go find someone else to shout at." I told him although I didn't want to break up with him. He wasn't a shit boyfriend, he was sweet and caring but he also let his anger out at me and I didn't deserve that.

I made it to my best friend's, Jess', house. I knocked and she answered quickly, I hadn't cried yet but as soon as I saw her I broke down. A year long relationship was over, I loved him so much and I let him go. Even if it was the right decision, it hurt like hell.

Jess listened as I told her everything, she said that it was the right decision if I was just getting hurt. I tried to tell myself that but t was hard. After a year, you really do fall in love. Luckily, Jess said that I could stay with her in my old room (I lived with her before I moved in with Auston) and that she would get my stuff from our- his house tomorrow.

I soon fell asleep and convinced myself that I did the right thing, I wouldn't be blamed and shouted at for no reason now.