William Nylander TML

Request- Anon: William Nylander prompts 3&31
Prompts: "Let's go, right now, just You, and I" & "Nothing has ever scared me more than being with you"
Warnings: I made the reader English, I know it wasn't requested but I'm English and I needed her to be from another country, and anxiety is mentioned
Also this is quite long and I've made it more detailed instead and kinda has the background information. I wanted to write something more detailed instead of rushing and just trying to throw the prompts in, let me know what you guys think of it

(y/n)'s POV

I felt as if I couldn't breath, my chest felt so tight. My heartbeat was going a million beats per second but to everyone who saw me I looked fine but on the inside my chest felt as if it was filling up with water.

Here I was again, sitting and waiting for Will.  I meet him when he went to England with his friends from the Maple Leafs on holiday, I was a hockey fan before and I asked for a picture and he asked for my number in exchange. I was now studying sports physio therapy at Toronto Uni. But the problem was, I have social anxiety and find it hard to make friends/ get comfortable around people I'm not use to. For this reason, my only sorta friends in Toronto were Will's friends and of course I had Will. However he's my first proper boyfriend and we're moving fast. Having only been together 6 months, we've already moved into together (so I didn't have to rent a place, he thought it would be ridiculous for that to happen) and he wants me to go to Sweden with him when he goes next month. Just the thought makes me panic but I calm myself down.

I was waiting for Will to get back from training, somebody asked if I wanted to get a few drinks with them in celebration for Uni being over for the year, but I declined saying I was busy. Of course that was a lie but being with a bunch of people I barely know is awful, especially since they would be getting drunk and I'm only 19, so even though it's legal I don't feel comfortable drinking/ getting drunk in front of people.

The ringing of my phone brought me out of thoughts, I looked down to see my mum was ringing me. I quickly pressed the answer button and soon heard her soothing voice with the soft Lincolnshire accent I was use to.

"(y/n), honey how are you?" Mum asked, she did check ups on me weekly but we only spoke yesterday which confused me. However I wasn't complaining right now, I needed to hear her voice. I needed something familiar, I needed home and my old friends. I needed to get out of here.

"I'm fine." I said ,lying to her but I felt my voice crack. Only in this moment did I realise I was crying.

"Dear, you're not. William's worried about me. He called me this morning, for you, but afternoon for me. He's really worried about you honey." She said and I felt my heartbreak, this isn't how he should feel about me. He shouldn't have to be worried about me.

"Mum, I want to get out of here. I want my friends and family. I want something familiar. I'm finding it so hard to make friends and fit in. I can barely even eat my lunch in front of the people at Uni without getting nervous. And Will and I's relationship is moving too quick. I need to get out of here." I said telling her everything I've been bottling up, finally telling someone instead of dealing with this on my own.

"(y/n), this is normal for you but you have to keep going. Everything will work out and tell Will what's wrong. Let him know that you want to slow down." Mum told me and I heard the door unlock and Will drop his bag next to the door before walking into the living room where I was sat.

"Ok Mum, I have to go Will's back. Love you." I said to her and she replied before I hung up and looked at Will.

"Hi, (y/n). You ok?" He asked as he sat to me and put his arm around my shoulder, expecting me to cuddle into his side like normal. However this time I couldn't. Once again I felt my heartbeat rise and my chest tighten but to Will I looked fine. Looked like I could breathe, but I couldn't. It felt like my lungs weren't working but I managed to speak.