Ryan Johansen NP

Prompt: "I almost lost you"

I was at home watching the game, as I just home from work, when I felt my eyes grow heavy and I fell asleep nosing that Ryan would wake me up when he got home.

However I was woken up by my phone ringing. I opened my eyes and saw that it was the team medic.
"Hello." I said groggily.
"Hi (y/n), I'm calling to tell you that Ryan is being rushed into emergency surgery." He said and my eyes grew wide and I shot up off of the sofa and ran to put in some shoes, not caring that I was in Ryan's hoodie and a pair of leggings.
"What happened?" I asked him.
"We're not sure, he was complaining about pain in his thigh so I checked it out and saw that it was swollen and bruised so we took him to the hospital the game and he was rushed to surgery. Just get here as soon as you can." He said and I told him that I would.

I finally got to the hospital after what seemed like the longest car ride ever. I ran up to the front desk and asked where Ryan was, telling here I was his fiancé.
"He's still in surgery but you can wait in the waiting area outside his room. It's 202." She told me and I thanked her before running to find his room.

I was waiting outside the room and must have fell asleep because I got woken up by P.K shaking my shoulders.
"(y/n), he's out of surgery and the doctors said that you can see him and we all thought that you might want to see him first." He said and I saw members of the team in the waiting area. I thanked them and got up to go into the room.

When I walked in I saw that Ryan was sat up and not sleeping.
"(y/n), hey love." He said and kissed me once I had walked to him.
"Ry, what happened? You were fine this morning?" I asked and sat on the bed being careful of his leg.
"I'm not to sure. It started to really hurt during the game, after I had fallen over, so I went to the team medic and he took me to hospital for them to tell me that I needed surgery straight away." He said and I kissed his cheek.
"Ryan, I almost lost you." I said and he shook his head.
"(y/n), it isn't that serious. You wouldn't have lost me. I wouldn't go without saying goodbye." He told me and kissed me once again.
"Still, I could've done. I do sometimes hate you playing hockey." I joked and with that we were both laughing and everything seemed right in the world. I walked back out and let the guys in to see one of them had brought Doug with them. And I didn't even ask I just took the leash from his hand and lead Doug into the room that was now filled with Nashville players. I let Doug off of the lead and he ran over to the bed. I took a quick picture (the one at the top) and captioned it:

I woke up to be told that this one had to go for emergency surgery on his thigh. He's ok now, in some pain but that's to be expected. I don't know what I'd do if I lost him and I think today really helped me understand how much I need him. Never been more worried about someone in my life. He's my world, i love him so much and wouldn't be able to live without him. Still not sure what actually happened but he is ok, but sadly out for a couple months.

I posted it and soon the comments were flooding with people wishing him well and a quick recovery. When all the players had gone, one of them took Doug back as well, I kissed Ryan on the forehead and whispered.
"I don't know what I'd do if I lost you. Please don't scare me like this again. I love you too much to be able to see you in pain." And I sat back on the chair only to be pulled onto the bed with him, being careful of his thigh.
"M'sorry (y/n), but I love you with all my heart and I wouldn't be able to live without you either." He mumbled into my hair and kissed my neck sweetly. We both then fell asleep, me being very grateful that he was ok and not in too much pain, and him being grateful that I was here for him when he most needed me. It might be a long 3 months recovery but I would be there with him every step of the way.