Mat Barzal NYI

Request: Hey! Could you write a mat barzal or andre burakovsky imagine? Maybe something with angst at the start but a cute ending? And no smut please? Thank you so much 

Warnings: Swearing 

(y/n)'s POV

"Mat, I don't understand why you're taking this out on me! I wasn't even at the bloody game!" I said to him after basically being blamed for the fact that they lost the game.
"Exactly! Maybe if you actually cared enough about me then you would've been there at the game and I wouldn't have played like absolute crap!" Mat yelled from across the kitchen island. His face turning a dark shade of red, from the anger building up inside him.
 "Your kidding right?" I asked as I couldn't actually believe what was coming out of my boyfriends mouth right now. 
"No (y/n) I'm not kidding! You know I need you at every home or I play shit! You know this yet you still decide to make plans during the season!" He said with overdramatic movements. 
"Well Mathew, sorry it was my best friends 21st birthday and she wanted us all to go out! I left early so I could see you but know I'm regretting that choice!" I whispered the last part knowing it would annoy him more but I obviously didn't whisper it quiet enough. 
"Really (y/n). Why don't you just go back out, you clearly want to be there. Don't let your boyfriend stop you, even though you won't listen to me anyway." He told me and my jaw dropped. 
"Mat you can't control me. I'm my own person! Sorry that I couldn't come to this one game and in all honesty I didn't want to go out to a bar, it's not really my scene. But I love Freya with my whole heart and it was  a big birthday, but I didn't even drink. Don't try and make me feel guilty because I did to start off with but you have known about this for a couple weeks. I cant believe you sometimes Mat!" I ranted and it was like something in Mat clicked, as his eyes softened and his face began to return to its normal colour. 
"(y/n) I'm sorry I wasn't trying to sound controlling. It just, I play better with you there and I need you. I love you!" He expressed but I was still hurt and annoyed by what he was saying. "Yeah, then maybe you should show me that instead of yelling at me! I'm going to sleep in the guest room tonight." I stated, walking past him and into our bedroom to get my pyjamas before brushing past his shoulders in the doorway to get to the guest room.

Laying in the spare bed felt cold and different. Sleep wasn't taking over me, there was too much anger and sadness flowing through my veins. No tears has spilled down my cheeks which surprised me, I was clearly annoyed that he was trying to control me. But maybe I was overreacting. This was an important game and they lost. I knew he would be upset and angry and I really didn't help the situation by yelling back. At the same time though I felt like my actions were justified. He doesn't get to control how I spend my life, it was my best friends birthday. I couldn't just miss it to avoid missing a match. As these thoughts were whirling through my head sleep began to take over and soon my eyes were falling shut.

I woke up cold and disorientated, forgetting momentarily about the argument. But then piece by piece last night came back. I should've listened to his apology, I blew it way out of proportion. Before I could think anymore into it, the smell of bacon flooded into the room which confused me. Mat never cooked breakfast. I walked to the kitchen to see Mat stood over the pan inspecting it. 
You alright there?" I asked as I got closer to him. 
"I don't know if its cooked, I don't actually think I've ever cooked bacon but I know you love it with poached eggs, which I may have also messed up, but I wanted to do something nice for you." He explained as I walked over to see if the bacon was cooked, which it was. I took it off the heat and Mat put it on the plates that already had toast and poached eggs on them. 
"Mat, you didn't have to do this." I told him as I turned to face him. This was the first time I had properly looked at him and I saw how red his eyes looked along with his cheeks, a clear indication that he had been crying. "Oh baby, come here!" I exclaimed and pulled him into my embrace that he happily excepted. 
"I did, doll. I'm so sorry about how I reacted last night I know that you had this planned for ages. I was just upset about the lose and I took it out on you when and I know that's a really shitty thing to do. I understand if you hate me or are still upset with me but you have to know I love you and I promise this won't happen again!" He cried into my neck and it broke my heart, I moved so that he was sat on a bar stool at the island in the kitchen so I could look at him face without standing on my tiptoes. 
"Baby, don't cry. I'm also sorry. I know how much it means to you when I'm at a game but you have to understand that I can't go to every single one, I have my own life! But I shouldn't have reacted how I did last night. I was just upset and I know you were to. I love you so much Matty, lets just forget about this ok. Just next time I cant come to a game maybe be a bit more chill about it." I consoled, wiping away the tears that were still falling down his cheeks.
"I will, I promise. I was an arse last night and you don't deserve to be treated like that. I'll show you everyday for the rest of my life how much I love you and how you should really be treated! And I don't ever want to risk losing you!" He proclaimed and that made my heart skip a beat. I pulled his head towards mine and connected our lips in a soft yet passionate kiss. I pulled back from the kiss and placed my forehead on his. 
"You won't ever lose me Mat. You're stuck with me for life!" I joked and pressed a light kiss to his lips. 
"That's fine with me doll!" He confused truthfully, looking at me with nothing but love in his eyes, and pulled me into a tight hug. In this moment I could feel the love radiating from him in that moment and I knew that no matter how much we argue, we'll get through it because our love is that strong. No matter how much he annoys me, I just can't help loving him. And I know how much he loves me.