Chapter 1

I NEED U TO BE THERE..... for a little more than Always!!
Part 1:
"Ayiappa... Plz save me from that Monster today!! I m 5 minutes late, he'll eat me up for sure" prayed the girl. She kept on murmmering her prays as she was entering the Malhotra Mansion. Wearing a light pink shirt over a perfect blue jeans, paired with a blue blazer, she looked entirely professional. She climbed up the stairs & walked towards the room where she knew he would be sitting in anger. She slowly knocked the door & there came a simple reply. "Come In!!". Nandini opened the door & heard him say,
Manik: 6 minutes!!
Nandini just made a bad face & entered to see him standing in just a towel around his waist. She simply closed her eyes & turned around knowing she caan't go away, and actually quite used to it by now after working as his Personal Secretary for the last two years.
Nandini: Sorry sir!!
Manik: I think u should think of something else as sorry seems to hv no meaning for u as u use it daily for getting late.
Nandini said nothing & just stood quite waiting for him to forget everything and give her instructions for the day. And then he said,
Manik: I hv practise in an hour. It will be a three hour session today. Match the day's events accordingly.
Nandini: Ohk Sir!!
Manik: And yes... Msg Fab5 about the practise session at Cabir's place, I hv informed him.
Nandini: I sure will sir!!
Manik: Now go & check if the breakfast is ready. I'll be downstairs in 10 minutes.
Nandini: Ohk sir...
With this Nandini got out of her boss's room & went downstairs to follow all his orders obediently. The first thing she did was to inform the cook to get the breakfast on the table & msged Fab5 about the practise. Exactly 10 minutes later, Manik came downstairs and sat at the breakfast table. She now knew she had only 15 mins to make his entire day's schedule & then cross check it with him. She simply walked away & got into the corner most room which was her office in the house & started her work. By the time Manik finished his breakfast, she was done with his schedule & accordingly packed all the files and papers that he might require all thoughout the day. She took a glass of juice from the servant & took it to Manik. And giving it to him, she started,
Nandini: Sir as u said u hv a 3 huor session that gets over at 1:30pm, after which u hv a meeting cum lunch at the Singhania's office discussing the new project of the Malhotra Industries. Once free from there u can take some rest as the next meeting with the investers is fixed at 5pm. At 6:30, Fab5's upcoming album producer wants to meet u all, so I was thinking that if its alright then we can hv it over here in the Malhotra Mansion so that we reach on time after finishing that meeting.
Manik: Yes that would be good. Final it over here!!
Nandini: Ohk sir...
Manik: What after that??
Nandini: Sir, thats all....
Manik: Ohh is it?? U mean we hv a spare evening.
Nandini: Yes sir...
Manik: Cool... Arrange proper dinner here, I m gonna spend some time here with Dadi.

And that was one thing which she liked the most about this Monster. Usually, he was very rude & mean with the entire world. But he loved 3 things the most in the entire world.
First was his beloved Grand Mother, who was technically his only family here, after his parents moved abroad to expand the Malhotra Industries, which in India was run by him. Second was Fab5, his friends, his life. And the third was his Music, his passion, his love.
The dedication for these things in his life was a quality which she always praised.
Nandini didn't reply to him, so Manik said,
Manik: Miss Moorthy, u heard me.... Right??
Nandini: Huh... Yes... Yes sir!!
Manik: So??
Nandini: Ohk sir, I'll arrange the meeting and the dinner.
Manik: Good, now lets go...

Saying so Manik got up from the table & as always walked to his Dadi's room to wish her a good bye before leaving for work. Nandini went back to her office & picked up her laptop bag, which had all Manik's files in it along with her laptop.
Soon both left the Malhotra Mansion together in Manik's car to reach Cabir's place. They reached there exactly on time & Manik entered with Nandini following him at a distance. All the others were waiting for him.
Manik: Hello guys... Whats up!!
Mukti: Yo Manik..
Cabir: Hey
Dhruv: Hi buddy!!!
Aliya: Hi
All of them sat there for 5-10 minutes while Nandini kept on standing at a far distance, trying not to hear what the friends talk. After that they got up to move inside for thier practise & Manik calls out.
Manik: Miss Moorthy!!
Nandini simply walks closer towards him & he hands over his phone to her. With this Fab5 gets into the Music room & Nandini sits there & prepares for his meeting over the lunch. Exactly two hours later, she knocks the Music room & enters with snacks for Fab5. She serves them some snacks & gets out of the room when Aliya said,
Aliya: Manik.... Don't u think u can get a way better PS than this.
Cabir: Aliya not again plz... I don't know what problem do u hv from her. Do u even remember how many times u hv said this in the past two years.
Mukti: Cabir, why r u defending her so much?
Cabir: Chill Guys.... I mean she is good yr!
Aliya: Manik, u don't listen to this Cabir. U just fire her this time, two years is more than enough to handle her.
Manik: Aliya.... Babe, I don't handle her, she handle my work. She is good at it then why should I fire her?
Aliya: I don't know... I just don't like her.
Manik: Aliya.... U r not making any sense. I mean this.... Ohh God whats her name... Hmn.... Ms. Moorthy.... Ya, she is-
Cabir: Wait... Manik don't tell me that u don't even remember the first name of the girl, who has been ur PS from the past two years.
Manik: So what?? I never call her by her first name.
Cabir: Then too... U should at least know it.
Listening this Dhruv finally looked up from his guitar and said,
Dhruv: Ohk so cabir, U tell?? Whats her name?? Do u know it??
Cabir: Off course I do.... Its Nandini..
Mukti: Wohh... Fisrt defending... Now name. Whats the matter Cabir??
Cabir: Shut up Mukti!
Manik: Guys leave all this. What matters is that Nandini is good at her work. I mean she handles my entire routine time to time, including my personal life. She takes care of all my meetings & prepares for them & plus, she does Fab5's works also.
Cabir: Fab5's works?
Mukti: What do u mean by that?
Manik looked at all of thier shocked faces & said, "What??"
Aliya: Manik.... How is she related to Fab5?
Manik: Guys... We just write songs, compose them, record them n edit them.... But after that there is a much more thats left... Like arranging photoshots, preparing covers, publicity, advertisements, etc.
Dhruv: Buddy... Didn't we hv an entire team appointed for that?
Manik: Ohh yes.. But a few months back I found that someone of them was leaking news to the media & I couldn't trust anyone. So I fired the entire team & got Ms. Moorthy do it for me. Now she handles all of it single handedly.
Mukti: What??... Alone. all of it.... From when?
Manik: From the past 5 months or so.
Cabir: Really?
Manik nodded at it & Dhruv asked,
Dhruv: And what about our events & performances. Meetings with producers, sponsers, etc. Who handles that?
Manik: Ms. Moorthy!!
Aliya: WHAT!
Cabir: Wow... Such a multitasker man!! How can someone manage all of it?
Mukti: Come on Cabir... She doesn't do it herself. All she has to do is to call the correct ppl at the correct time & then report to Manik.
Manik: Yeah right!! I don't think its that big a deal.
Cabir: Manik it is... Think about it, I mean she-
But he was disturbed by a knock on the door.
Aliya: Come in!!
Nandini entered the room & said,
Nandini: Sorry to disturb u sir, but u hv a meeting in exactly half an hour at the Singhania's office.
Manik: Ohk!!
Nandini simply left the room & Manik said to the others,
Manik: Ohk guys.. Gotta go!! See u in the evening.
He hugged them all & soon left. The driver drove to the Singhania's office while Manik & Nandini sat at the back seat of the car. Nandini had her laptop opened on her lap as she briefed him about the meeting, after which Manik checked the files & as always everything was perfect.
Soon they reached there & entered. Manik walked in the front & with Nandini following him saying to herself.
Nandini: Monster... Didn't even say a word. I spent the last two hours preparing for his meeting & he couldn't even say 'Good Job'. Ayiappa, in two years he hasn't praised me even once. Why do I always hope good from him.
They got to the reception where a few men greeted them & took them to a room where they were gonna wait for a minute. Nandini picked up her phone & called someone & said with stern authority,
"Where are u?? I told u to reach on time."
Manik turned to look at her, and saw her ansiously looked at her wrist watch.
"I wanna u here in five minutes any how."
She disconnected the call & said to Manik,
Nandini:Sir... Shubham will be here in five minutes!! Now if u'll just excuse me, I'll be back in a minute.
Manik simply nodded at it & she walked away.
Soon they were all sitting in the meeting hall ready to start the meeting. Shubham was Manik's assistant who worked under Nandini & got all his approached for all his deals. Manik started discussing work along with it, in which he was extremely to the point, thanks to the breifing that Nandini had given him. Nandini was sitting just beside him making a note of all the things Mr. Singhania wanted to add, remove or think about in the deal. A few minutes later Manik simply extended his hand towards her & before he could ask for something, she gave him the exact file that he needed. The meeting went on & soon the official work was over after which the rest of the people left the hall except for Manik, nandini, mr. Singhanai & another employee of his. All of them started the lunch except Nandini, who politely refused. She simply kept on sitting there when she heard Mr. Singhanai say,
Mr. Singhanai: Mr. Malhotra... Have this pasta plz!!
Manik: Sure..
Manik took up the bowl & was about to serve it on his plate when Nandini said loudly,
Nandini: Sir wait!!
Manik stopped right there but turned towards he in anger, while Mr. Singhania was shocked. Nandini looked back at Manik & then said,
Nandini: I m sorry sir, but u r allergic to mushrooms & the pasta has mushrooms in it.
Manik nodded slightly & kept the plate back at it's place & said,
Manik: I wanna apologize... My secretary is a bit loud sometimes.
Mr. Singhanai: No no its absolutely fine.. Excuse me lady, whats ur name?
Nandini: Sir, Nandini moorthy.
Mr. Singhanai: Yeah Ms. Moorthy, how did u know that the pasta has Mushrooms.
Nandini: Actually Sir I had asked the ingredients from ur chef before the meeting started.
Mr. Singhanai: Ohh impressive!! U seem really good at ur job.
Nandini: Thank u sir.
Nandini's pov: "Plz someone tell the same to this Monster. All this man knows is how to shout & scold. Someday, I myself will make him eat these Mushrooms & Kill him...."
The meeting got over soon & both of them moved towards the Malhotra Industries office.