CHAPTER 68

I Need You To Be There... For a little more than Always!!!

Part 68:

All of them reached home after the club to nandini still not home.

Abhi: Now where is this girl!!!

Manik: Abhi... Relax!! She'll be back soon. U all must be tired go and take rest.

Abhi: And u??

Abhi asked concerned at which Manik simply said,

Manik: I hv some office work, I m sitting here only in the living room that way I can wait for Nandini as well...

Abhi: Fine as u wish...

Abhi said and was about to go when he noticed Rishab too standing there. In all this thing, he had completely forgotten about Rishab. Manik followed his gaze and called out,

Manik: Mr. Moorthy??

Rishab looked up at him and shook his head in a no.

Rishab: Just rishab plz....

Manik: Rishab look... I know if I m anyone to be saying into this matter, but I still hv a request for u plz!!

Rishab: Manik right??

Rishab asked confirming his name at which Manik nodded.

Rishab: U hv all the rights here to say anything u wish, coz to what I can see u mean a lot to Nandu, and that allows u for everything. I just want my nandu back, I want to apologise to her for everything.... No matter what it takes!!

Manik: Don't do that!! Don't try to apologise right now plz..... Look Rishab, I know what u r feeling and u might call me Selfish at this point, but I request u to back off....

Manik said moving further close.

Abhi: What do u mean Manik??

Manik: I saw it Abhi... I saw it today!!! I know I hv also hurt Nandini, but somewhere down the line its not about Nandini and me, its all about the incident that took place 4 years back. That day, Nandini talked to u, and all she cried about was that incident, the passed few days just acted as a trigger to break her down. Today also, I saw her still, she was nervous about singing into the crowd again. She was looking at me to take her away from there, and I did try. I asked for her to hold my hand and come. But the moment she lifted up her hand she saw Rishab and something got onto her, and u saw what happened after that....

Rishab: What do u want then???

Manik: Just let her be for a few days.... Let me handle her this time!! Give me some time, just let me convince her back and I promise u that I will talk to her about u. Just let me try once.

Rishab sighed at it and then simply nodded slowly. Soon they all got back to their rooms while Manik freshened up and say in the living area finishing off some office work.

It was around 2am, when he heard some noise and saw Nandini entering the house. She didn't noticed him sitting there and simply took off her heels holding them in her hand, to prevent all the noise. She was drunk but still she was walking properly, not once stumbling on her steps when he heard her murmuring to herself.

"U promised.... I was already standing over the cliff!! U promised not to let me fall Mani!!! Then why did u push me off...."

Manik looked right at her listening to her words to see dried tears still visible on her face as she reached the stairs and moved upstairs towards her room.

He heard the door closing after which he too closed off his files and leaving everything there itself he got back to his room while her words kept revolving in his head.