CHAPTER 73

I Need You To Be There.... For a little more than Always!!

Part 73:

The group finished off with their dinner and decided to call it a day, as they were all tired of all the days events.

Manik freshened up in his room and then moved to Nandini's room. He opened the door slowly to see Nandini sitting on the bed looking lost.

Her eyes fixed over her phone with a small smile playing on her lips. He moved ahead and couldn't help but notice the sadness and the sense of Longing visible on her face.

Nandini who was too oblivious to his presence didn't notice him walk over to the bed as he sat by her side when his eyes fell over her phone to see what that got all her attention.

The picture on the screen made him smile immediately.

He clearly remembered the day when it was taken. The two of them were into a crappy argument over some security stuff at Dhruv and Aliya's wedding. Both of then knew that the other one was right, but it was as if they wanted to fight that day.

Finally Manik was the one who dropped off and agreed to her idea. He sat there with a grumpy face making all the others laugh when Nandini took him in a side hug and called him 'cute', Making him further irritated. And at that exact moment Cabir had clicked that picture of the duo.

Manik was lost in the memory lane, until he heard her say,

Nandini: U r too Cute... I had said!!

He looked up at her face to see her gaze still fixed over the phone. When he too replied in a flat tone.

Manik: My reply won't change about not calling me that....

His tone made Nandini snap back to reality, her head snapped towards him in a swift as she closed her phone, keeping it aside.

Nandini: When did u come??

Manik: Just a few minutes back....

Manik replied slowly, regretting his tone used earlier looking at Nandini's change in mood. All the emotions seemed drained out of her eyes, making them blank again.

Nandini turned her face away from him and asked simply,

Nandini: Why r u here??

Manik: Well... If u hvn't realised it yet... Then let me tell u, I m going to sleep here in this room... With u!!

Nandini: What?? Why??

Manik: Coz I want to....

Nandini: Manik stop being stubborn... U hv ur own room, just go and sleep there!! I m not sharing my room with u....

Manik: Come on nandini.... Stop being so difficult, as if its the first tym we r sharing the same bed!

Manik said casually as he lied down on the bed.

Nandini turned silent listening to his words as she whispered,

Nandini: How can I ever forget that ever??

Manik: Well U hv to forget it, if u really want to Move on Nandini.... Coz as u said, I m just a guest here for a few more days!!

Manik said in a straight voice and turned off the side lamp.

Manik: Come... Its late!!

Nandini looked at the dark room around her and then turned towards Manik who was looking at her expectantly. She looked away from him turning away as she got up from the bed and muttered.