CHAPTER 72

I need u to be there....  For a little more than Always!!
Part 72:

Nandini: Mukti thats enough... Plz i can't eat anymore!!
Nandini whined as Mukti inserted another piece of apple into her mouth.

Mukti: I m so sorry Nandini, but I m literally forced to do this by Manik and Abhi...

Nandini made a face at her and chewed in silence as her mind zoned out into the things that were said just a few hours back.

It was almost 8 in the evening and all she had done was to sit in her room along with Aliya and Mukti and stare at the TV screen while the two of them enjoyed the movie.

Manik had not returned back since he had walked out of her room after his sudden outburst.

Nandini's pov:

FOREVER....
Is forever only a word used in fictions??
Is forever only a myth??
Is my belief in 'MaNan Forever' fading away??

I know he is guilty, I know he didn't mean any of it.... And I always knew it from the first day itself!! Then why can't I get past his words... Why do I hear his words still revolving in my head??

I know my feelings for him aren't just on the brink.... Its deep deep down both ours hearts but then just the thought of getting back to him scares me. And only one question arises in my head, scaring the shit out of me.... 'WHAT IF???'

What if any of this repeats in the future??
What if somewhere deep down the line, he is still confused about the two of us??
What if I m a habit to him, instead of a Need??
What if it goes wrong all over again??
What if my fate stabs my back again like it does everytime??
What if I get hurt again??

Coz all I know is that this time.... This wound is not superficial!! It scares me, it takes my breath away, it feels like all my blood is gonna flow out of my mouth, it feels like there is a void in my chest and it simply goes on increasing and increasing every time I see his face.

As if one minute I m as normal as I could be and the next minute, it's all like a round about roller coaster ride.

Pov ends!!!

Mukti: Nandini... Where are u lost??

Nandini snapped out of her thoughts at mukti's voice who was grinning broadly,
Mukti: U ate it all!!

Nandini looked at the plate and nodded at her and then said slowly,
Nandini: Mukti, I m tried!! Can I plz take some rest....

Mukti looked at her unsure whether to leave her alone or not when Nandini pressed her hand gently,
Nandini: I'll be fine!!

Mukti nodded at her slowly and got out of the room closing the door behind her back. Nandini started at the closed door for sometime after which she got off the bed.

This time careful not to strain herself, she limped towards the washroom. Soon she was comfortably settled outside in the balcony with her Appa's guitar in hands as she played some soft random tunes, while her eyes stayed fixed over the stars.

Her thoughts moved back to her past as everything came back in front of her eyes from the start. Her life with her family, the way she started her journey in Music as Nanz, her parents, that accident, the change in her after the accident, Rishab's dreadful words, her day she committed suicide for the first tym, how everything changed back as Manik came into her life, all his love and care which made her forget everything wrong that had ever occured and the day it all became worse with Manik's outburst at the hospital.

No expression crossed her face even once. Neither happiness nor her pain, it seemed as if none of it affected her anymore. She had become so used to all the ups and downs in her life.