CHAPTER 64

I Need You To Be There... For a little more than Always!!!
Part 64:
It was almost 3 am but sleep was far away from all of them. Dhruliya were on the balcony looking over the city in the silence of the night, sitting in each others arms.

Mukti and Cabir were in Abhi's room lying on the bed thinking about everything they got to know about Nandini from Abhi.

Abhi was right next to Nandini, sitting on her bed with her head placed over his lap as he caressed her hair lovingly. Feeling the presence of the most important person of his life, right next to him. A slight smile was placed constantly at his lips remembering all those years that they had spent together. Her laughter, her pranks, her cuteness, her innocence, everything about her!!!

Manik..... Well, he could just not afford to leave Nandini alone. He knew that he should let Abhi talk to her first, but still he could just not leave her.... He sat there on the floor leaning at the door of her room watching Abhi taking care of her like an ideal brother. Her entire life was now kept in front of him like an open book and all he could do was to blame himself for increasing the dreadfulness in it.

"APPA!!!!!"
Nandini screamed suddenly as she woke up with a start, terrified by something. Manik hide behind the door immediately while the others too heard her shout and rushed towards her room, but Manik stopped them hiding them along with him and Abhi held Nandini by her shoulders.

Abhi: Nandu!!! Kiddo relax....

Nandini looked around her and realised the dream when she noticed the unfamiliar surroundings and Abhi.

Nandini: Abhi??? Where r we???

Abhi: At the penthouse....

Nandini thought about something over a second when she remembered where she was and said slowly,
Nandini: But I..

Abhi: That hotel is of one of my friends.... I got to know that u had a room there n came to meet u but u were lying unconscious, so I got u here...

Nandini: U didn't..... U didn't inform...
Nandini hesitated a bit at it when Abhi completed her sentence.

Abhi: Manik?? No I didn't call him.

Nandini sighed at it and rested her back along the bed rest as he gave her a glass of water.
Abhi: U wanna eat anything?

Nandini: No... Not now!!
She whispered closing her eyes, abhi nodded at her and caressed her hair.

Abhi: What's happening Kiddo???

Nandini heard him clearly but didn't say anything as she simply lied back on his lap. Abhi kept on caressing her hair willing her to open up but she didn't.

Abhi: Kiddo.... U know right, no matter what happens, I will always be there for u!!

Nandini nodded at his words still her eyes closed while he continued,
Abhi: Then why didn't u call me kiddo??? Whatever happened, I don't care.... But u can't even realise what I went through when I saw u in that devastated state in the hotel room.

Nandini held his palm tightly as if trying to apologize but still didn't say a word. Abhi looked up at Manik hiding behind the door to find his eyes fixed at Nandini's face as tears threatened to fall from his eyes. None said anything for a while after which Nandini said,

Nandini: I didn't Kill them!!!

Abhi looked at her startled by her words, "What??"

Nandini opened up her eyes looking at him as she again said,
Nandini: Amma-Appa.... I didn't kill them Abhi!!!

Abhi: Hey... I know!! Whatever happened it was just an accident kiddo, no one was at fault there..... U know na, how much amma-appa loved u....

Nandini: So did he Abhi!! Rishab too loved me, but still he said that to me. He didn't trust me!!
Her voice cracked at the end of it as tears flowed down her eyes again.