Epilogue Part 3

I Need You To Be There... For a little more than Always!!

Epilogue Part 3:

Manik parked his car in front of the Malhotra Mansion as he reached back home after a long day at work. He entered to find the house unusually silent. Concern filled onto as he looked all around and called out,

Manik: Nandini..... Nandini!!!

Nandini: In the kitchen Manik...
Came on her voice from inside making him relax as he flung his bag onto the chair and moved towards her. He reached the kitchen only to stop at the door itself and widen his eyes at the view in front of him.

The entire kitchen counter was messed up. Fries, chips, biscuits, cookies spread all over, while Nandini stood there with both her hands on her hips as she glared at the culprits in front of her.

Nandini: How many times do I hv to repeat the same thing to u both?
She asked the culprits standing in front of her.

Nandini: Answer me! 15 mins I m upstairs and this is what u two do.... Who did this?

"Mom bhai wasn't sharing the cookies with me!"
Came a tiny petite scared voice as an answer when the other one immediately interrupted,

"But Mom she already ate hers in the morning!"

Nandini: Shut up both of u! No cookies for the next two weeks for u both. Now I want u cleaned up and on the bed within 10 minutes.

Both the kids turned around immediately at her words, almost ready to run up to their rooms when their eyes fell on Manik.

"Dad!" the little girl chipped at his sight, with a broad smile on her face.

Nandini: Ahaana...  I said on the bed in 10!

Her smile immediately flattened as the two kids rushed back to their room.

Nandini looked all around the mess shaking her head when she felt manik's arm wrap around her shoulder.

Manik: I get that u had an eventful evening!

Rolling her eyes at his words she hit his chest as the two of them chuckled at the situation.
Nandini: We hv seriously given birth to Monsters.... Both of them are totally like u!

Manik: Are u seriously accusing me of being messy Mrs. Malhotra?

Nandini: Yes I m... Now u go and freshen up, I'll sort out this mess by then.
Nandini said pushing him away as she turned towards the counter again.

Manik was about to move up towards their room when nandini held his hand stopping him. He turned back to face her to find her smiling as she placed a soft kiss on his cheek.

A smile crept onto Manik's face as well, when he asked,
Manik: And this was for?

Nandini: I don't know.... Maybe for whatever reason u r so stressed and tired! At least it got a real smile to ur face, I m sure ur monsters will do the rest of the job of cheering u up!

Manik: How do u always manage to know the exact things which I try to hide?

Nandini: Come on manik give me some credit.... I m living with The Manik Malhotra for so many years now, and still I m standing here, it automatically makes me the best. 
Nandini said smirking at him as she pushed him out of the kitchen.

15 minutes later, she walked upstairs towards the laughter which could be heard from the room next to hers.

She entered the room to find the father daughter duo tickling her baby boy with no mercy.

"Mom help!" called out the 10 year old boy as he noticed his mother standing at the door.

Nandini: Aye... Why are u teaming up against my baby!