52. Undetected

I have been running, hiding and fighting my whole life. Now that I have the chance to end all that have cause my serenity and happiness, would I do it even if it would kill the only love I have?

Sa sitwasyong kinalalagyan ko, mistulang isa akong bilanggo na nakataling patiwarik sa pising malapit nang mapigtas. Isang maling galaw ko lang ay maaaring maging katapusan na ng lahat. I had to make my move. My decision. Probably the most painful decision I have ever made my entire life.

Yumakap ako kay Alec. He kissed the top of my head and wrapped me around his arms. "I always thought we'll never be in this situation right now Allison." He sobbed as his hands cupped my face. His face bearing the agony in his heart. "But you know what, I always consider myself so lucky. So, so lucky to have met someone like you. Someone who's so hard to say goodbye to."

Humikbi ako sa dibdib ni Alec. Hindi ko alam kung magkikita pa kami pagkatapos ng annihilation. Hiniling ko na sana ay hindi totoong mamamatay lahat ng mga non-alius sa gagawin ko. Kahit na ilang beses na ring sinabi sa journal ni amang Lucas na ang kamatayan ng core kasama ng mga channels nito o ang Deathbound ang magiging susi sa katapusan ng Delta, hiniling ko pa rin na sana ay mabuhay ako at ang mga channels at si Alec. Maninirahan kami ng mapayapa sa Alpha ng walang takot at pangamba. "Why is it so painful Alec? Why is it so painful saying goodbye to you. Is it because we'll never see each other again?"

"Shhhh," he put his finger on my lips. His gaze locked mine. "If you live, please try to forget me and move on with your life. That is my only wish Allison."

"You knew?" nalilito kong tanong sa kanya.

"I knew since the first day I step on the land of Delta. That a part of me was genetically reinvented by the Alpha and one day my end will come. I never thought that the end they were referring was the one who could give my life a meaningful beginning --you" He's perfunctory as he laughed. "Life is an irony. It's ironic that it took me one girl to start a new life and the same girl to end what I have started."

"What shall I do Alec? Nalilito ako."

"Don't be." He gently brushed the back of his hand against my cheek. "This is our fate. And fate will find a way if it is meant for us. Do what you have to do. I will always be right beside you even if I'm gone. In either flesh or spirit I will forever be with you." Niyakap ako nito. Naramdaman ko ang marahang paghaplos nito sa buhok ko. His arms wrapped around me so tight. I wished this was all but a dream. The annihilation was a dream.

His arms let go of me. Reality started climbing my back and it felt heavy.

Alec's hands were covering half of his face as he cried so loud. So loud that the sound of it pierced through my dying chest.

"Ali," tawag saakin ni Charles. Nakahanda na ang mga channels para sa annihilation. "You are to stand on the center of the circular platform. The annihilation will consume you. Use the nostrum inside if you ran out of energy. That's been the purpose of it afterall. Do as what is being told on the journal."

The journal. Everything was written on the journal. I found no loophole with the annihilation. It was perfectly planned and crafted. It's inescapable. Mula sa paglikha sa deportation area hanggang sa pagtatalaga sa mga channels. Sa oras na tumuntong ako sa sentro ng bilog na platform na 'yon ay magsisimula na ang Deathbound. Magiging katapusan na ng Delta kasama ang mga non-alius--that includes Alec.

The deportation circle has one large circular shape made of silver and a smaller round shape that's made of black plate o metal. Nakapalibot sa black circular plate na 'yon ang lima pang round plates na gawa naman sa pilak. Nakatayo na doon sina Quattro, Charles, ang kambal na Russell at Rachelle at si Gena o ang White Rose. They were all waiting for me. Their eyes were telling me, they're ready for the annihilation whatever it may cause them --even their life it it may. They have easily accepted their destiny as a channel. I wish I could do the same.