Chapter 1

Paige turned off the engine a few houses down once she found a good house. It was pitch black when she opened the door of the car and got out. She was greeted with a warm breeze of air on this summer night. She walked down the sidewalk casually, trying not to drag any unneeded attention to her. She had black leggings, black pullover hoodie with black and white hightop converse. She knows she shouldn't be doing this but she needs the money. She decided after this night, she would be done for a while. Paige stopped just outside the house with a giant cheesy grin on her face. She just admired the look of the house. It was gorgeous, and she new just by the look... Tonight would be the mother of all nights. It would kick some serious ass.

Tall automatic gates surrounded the long mansion. The house was two stories, overly long and completely white. There was a fountain in the middle of the lawn and a stone pathway leading straight up to the door. She could appreciate the serious beauty of the trees and flower beds planted perfectly. It was like this person pulled a house out of a catalog and just plopped it onto their property. There was something about this house that she knew was going to be special. She would leave with an awesome experience and hopefully a shit ton of cash.

She pulled out her iPhone and checked what time it was. Her phone read 2:08am. She was ready. Paige quietly ran up to the gates and lifted herself up the gate pushing with her feet. After a few minutes of struggling and pain she managed to push herself over the tall gate. Not judging the distance correctly she landed with a loud thud, rolling her ankle and falling to the side. She let out a groan, quickly covering her mouth so no one could hear her. She sat there for a little just in case someone came running out she had a semi-quick escape. After she heard the silence stretched on she figured it was safe to keep moving forward, shakily standing up. She started walking ignoring the sharp pain in her left ankle. Paige would not get this far just to hall her ass back to the car and drive away just because of a stupid, silly little ankle. Nothing would ruin this night! I mean nothing!

She approached the porch and crouched next to the wall looking for the best and quickest entry. All the lights were off and she could barely see a few feet in front of her. If she was going to do this it would have to be quick, quiet, and safe. She didn't want to go dying in someone else's house. Or even worse... Getting caught. That would be the death of her! She looked around for all the possible entry options and came up short. She felt her heart start pounding in her chest starting to feel the anxiety burst from inside of her. She should have thought of this sooner, what if there was no way in? She wouldn't risk going in the back yard and there be a dog so she had to keep looking.. She peered right above her and a window was just slightly cracked. It looked like a bathroom through the moonlight, it should be an unoccupied room at the moment.

There's those unrealistic people who doubt that anyone would actually go out of their way to go to the second story window. But not me. Not on this damn night. Paige climbed onto the the railing just outside the front door clinging onto the building wall. She stood on her tippy toes and reached as far as she could for the roof of the house but couldn't quite cut it. Paige un-tensed her body and got off her tippy toes. Still standing on the railing she pondered on what to do now.

She could always try to jump for it. But knowing her she would just fall and brake something outside someone else's house. How terrible would that be? Stranded on their porch. After contemplating her situation for a while she decided she wouldn't risk the jump and quite possibly be caught outside this total strangers house.

After going through all her options she narrowed it down to either leave now or try one more time. Even though the odds of her getting on that roof was slim she just HAD to try one more time. One more final time so she could get what she came for. And after that she would leave for good.

Paige jumped onto the railing one more time straddling the wall for support. She stood on her toes and gave herself a little bounce just to get the tips of her fingers around the roof. She slid her hands further over so she could have better grasp feeling the rough texture of the roof she prepared herself to attempt to lift herself up onto the roof and into that window.

She tried to pull herself up but didn't have very much strength. "Fuck" she said irritated she rested her head on the wall still holding onto the roof on her tippy toes.

"Ehhemm... May I help you?" A sexy man cleared his throat looking up at Paige.

Paige turned around to see the man standing there before and had to hold onto his roof tighter to not pass out.
Fuckin' shit.