Chapter 7 (Pete's POV)

I pulled into the parking lot of Panda Express and turned off the engine to the car.

"Stay there real quick." I turned around telling Paige, I'm pretty sure I scared her because she started aimlessly looking around. It was kind of cute though.

I hopped out of the car without another word to her. I started walking to the other side of the car and once I was at the back of the car I made sure she wasn't looking. I straightened up my clothes and made sure there was nothing on them. After that I pulled out the front camera on my iPhone and fixed my hair so that it was messy, but sexy messy hair not making it look like I had just been riding a motorcycle with no helmet for hours.

Walking up to her door I saw her look up at me and smile showing a little bit of her white teeth. She had such a cute smile. It gave me butterflies just watching her face brighten up. Opening the door I watched her swing her feet over to the outside of the car and I held out my hand for her use while stepping out of the car. Paige looked at me like I was insane and had made her way around my hand and on her way into the building without me noticing. I don't know what was with me these last few hours my mind just keeps seeming to wander, and I have no idea why.

Walking into the restaurant Paige had walked over to a booth and I followed her by impulse. She sat down and slid across the foam bench, "could you order for me? I'd like chow mien and spring rolls. " Paige turned to face me and smiled.

"Yeah, of course." I smiled to Paige and turned around to walk up and stand in line. I reached into my pocket and grabbed a pair of my sunglasses and set them on my face. Ordering food I kept my head down and made no eye contact. I always feel rude doing this to people, but I'd rather do this than have people chasing me around the streets with cameras making up these crazy accusations.

*

"Here you go." I slid across the bench and handed a tray to the woman sitting in front of me.

"Thanks."

"Anytime." I smiled and shoveled my face with chow mien, trying to successfully use chop sticks. Every time I tried to pick up noodles it would just slip out from in between the two wooden sticks in my hands.

"Ugh." I grunted throwing down my chop sticks and picking up my fork. I looked up and saw Paige laughing at me using her damn chop sticks perfectly. "What, is there something funny?" I asked trying to sound irritated.

"It's just, funny. You get so frustrated." She smiled at me pointing her sticks at me. "Here," she reached her hands over grabbing the chopsticks and placing them back into my fingers. "You weren't holding them right." She took my fingers and placed them properly on the chop sticks. Her hands were so warm and soft. The feeling of her hands brushing across my calloused hands made chills rush up my spine and make my head feel light. While she was talking everything seemed to shut off, I saw her mouth moving but couldn't make out what she was saying. I was mesmerized by those beautiful lips of hers.

"So try it now." Paige said bringing me back to reality. I picked up some noodles and placed them into my mouth the way she had placed my fingers. I smiled.

"See, I told you, you could do it. It's not hard if your fingers are placed correctly." she said smiling.

"Yeah, well you'll never see me using these stupid things to eat rice." I laughed with her and watched her smile grow.

*
After eating for a little and making small talk all of our attention was turned to the buzzing sound of her phone going off. She picked it up looked at it for a second and pressed the ignore button, but not even a minute later another call came through making her phone dance across the table from the vibrations.

"Hold on." she said holding a finger up to me and answered the phone. "Hey babe." I heard her say to the person that had called her. I could hear talking on the other line but couldn't quite make out what was being said. "Erik! I told you I was busy today. I'm not here to come to your every call and do whatever it is that you need. I have other stuff to do than be with you. I'm sure you can manage to do your laundry yourself for a change asshole!" I heard a click and she set her phone down.

"I'm sorry, he's an asshole." she said with her head down pushing her food around on her tray.

"No need to apologize." I smiled to her. " You ready to go back?" Paige nodded to me.