Chapter 3

I lay awake in my bed reminiscing the events of last night. I couldn't believe what had happened last night. It felt like it was all a dream, but it wasn't my mind would be playing a sick trick on me if it was a dream. I was so excited/nervous for 10 o'clock to roll around. I rolled over in my bed and reached for my phone on my nightstand.

I pressed the lock button at the top to look what time it was. It was just after 8 and I decided to get up to take a shower because it would take at least 30 minutes through the streets of L.A. to get back to his house.

I pushed over the blankets on my bed and sat up. I slumped over the bed and cradled my head in my hands and blinked a few times to make sure I was fully awake. Once I got up I walked directly to my closet to pick out what I was going to wear to go see what Pete Wentz wanted me to do for him. I searched through my closet to pick the best thing to wear and pulled out a pair of black shorts, a black V-neck shirt and a jean jacket to go over it with the sleeves cut off.

By the time I had gotten out it was already 9 o'clock so I threw on my clothes put a small amount of mascara on and decided to just rock my natural curls today. I slipped on my newest pair of white vans and jogged down my stairs into the kitchen. I scribbled a note on scrap piece of paper telling my mom that I was leaving and be back later.

As I got into my silver Ford Taurus I checked the clock one last time on my phone and I saw a text from my boyfriend Erik.
Erik: Babe where u at? I thought we were hangin at my place today? ;)
Paige: I can't come over today, super busy. See you tomorrow? Love you.
Erik: Ya whateves

Well he sure has a way to make a girl feel special. I pulled the car out of park and sped out of the drive way so I could make sure I wasn't late.

As I was inching closer and closer to my destination I could feel butterflies grow in my stomach, I felt like I was going to be sick from this anxiety. I was still processing all of what's about to happen today. I still haven't even fully stomached it all, but I'm about to go back to his house and endure whatever it is that I have to do. All because of one freaking night. I knew last night would be different, and it sure as hell was different.

I pulled up just outside of Pete's house and parked the car. I took a deep breath "Okay Paige, you can do this. Get today over with without freaking out. I can go in there and be a normal person, remember that this a debt to be paid, it is not for fun." I opened the car door and slowly walked up to the gate and stood there for a few seconds wondering what to do next. I searched the gate for a note or something and I came across a button and decided to give it a try and push it. I pushed the button hoping for a response but none came my way. I tried one more time.
No answer. Did he forget about me? Was he just joking? Or did he think it over and decide this wasn't a good idea.

I turned around and headed back for my car. I was stupid I can't believe I actually came to his house. I should have known he wasn't being serious. As I was stepping into my Taurus I heard a static sound with a voice following it.
"Paige? Is that you?" I assumed it was Pete who was on the other side of that speaker. I ran up and held the button and spoke back to him. "Uh ya, I wasn't entirely sure if you wanted me to hop the fence again or what? I mean last time I rolled my ankle a little so I was hoping you'd actually open the gate this time." I heard him chuckle a little with a buzz sound following and then the gates started opening.
"You can bring your car up Paige."

I hopped back into my car ad pulled it slowly up the driveway and pulled it up next to another car and turned off the engine.

I squeezed my eyes shut and took in a deep breathe and held it for a few seconds until I felt my heart beat slow down to a normal pace. I opened my eyes and stared out in front of me to look at a car I front of me. I looked at the license plates and couldn't help but laugh a little bit. I would assume he chose his license plate for that car. It was a black BMW and the plates read 'FOBTCH'. as I walked up to his door I was still giggling a little.
I barely got a knock in and he opened the door, I figured he's been waiting at the door.

"I was getting worried that you turned back around and left cuz you were taking so long." Peter swung open the door leaning on the door jam with a smirk on his face.
"Nah, I was just finding an easy exit if I needed one." I smiled at him.

Wentz looked my up and down smiled and walked away to let me follow. I walked into his house for the second time within 8 hours. I closed his door behind me and followed him around the corner. We entered a beautiful kitchen with all the apparel stainless steel. He had a table with an amazing chandelier over it and a sliding glass door leading to a backyard behind it. Pete had kept walking forward and I followed forward. I followed him into a room with another huge tv in it and speakers but instead if a couch there was a small poker table with chairs set all around it to the side and the rest of it was filled with guitars, drums, microphones and all the essentials to run a band.

I looked around and saw an open door tithe left and saw Pete standing against an office desk looking at me. I looked at him for a little but didn't move. "So what next?" I asked him wanting to know what it is I'd have to do in return for trying to brake into his house.

"Well, I am in a band," I nodded my head at him "and we need a new planner, our planner just got a new job so we are in desperate need for one. Do you already have a job?"

"Yes I do. I work as a waiter at Chili House." I replied to Pete with my eyes wide open, in shock of what he just asked. He wants me to work for him and his band Fall Out Boy?!

"Okay, well hmmm. Could you cut hours at all if I paid you? And may I ask how old you are?" Pete asked not wanting to seem to pushy, I could tell he didn't want to offend me by asking my age.
"Listen, you don't have to pay me seriously I'm just getting enough money so I can finish college and move out from my moms. I can work around my schedule at the restaurant it's no big deal, I promise. I'm turning 21 in like a month, July 1'5th." I really wanted to work with him. That would be amazing, I would do whatever I took to work with him, even quit my job!

Pete looked at me and smiled. He walked up to me and hugged me as tight as he could without killing me. "You are a life saver!" he pulled away and looked me in the eyes for a while "but either way for the next week your mine. Maybe you'll learn your lesson. This won't be an easy week either." Pete let go of me and walked out of the room and into the kitchen. He went behind the counter and rummaged through a cabinet. I sat down on a bar stool next to his tall counter. I place my elbows o the counter and held my face up looking at him.

"Ahaaa!" Pete backed away from the cabinet and pulled out a bag of Doritos. "I have to hide these from my son, Bronx likes to eat everything I the house and I don't need him eating my damn Doritos." Pete placed the bag onto the counter and opened it. He places a chip in his mouth and crunched away.

"You hungry at all Paige?" Pete asked with a mouthful of food spitting some out. I laughed at him a little while he threw me apologies.

"No I'm good, but thanks Pete." I grinned at him. "So what do we do today?" I asked.

"Today. Hmm I guess today Paige, you meet the band."