Chapter 24

Paige's POV

"Pete!" I yelled to him, pulling on his shirt. I grasped his face with a hand on each side of his face to calm him down. "Babe, what is wrong? You are freaking out." I felt his eyes glaring back into mine, with a sad look in his eyes.

"Where's Bronx? I can't find him." That's all he had to say to make me start running. I ran all over the zoo. To every animal, every bathroom, and all the little shops.

I turned around to see Pete not too far behind me. I stopped running once we reached the front desk and grabbed Pete's hand.

We walked up to the desk and rang a small bell. Pete was squeezing my hand as the lady walked up with a smile on her face. "How may I help you?" She kept smiling through the silence.

"Um yes, my name is Paige and you see me and my boyfriend have lost our child somewhere in here. We've looked everywhere and can't manage to find him. His name is Bronx Went and he looks about 5 with blonde curly hair. He is wearing black jeans and a purple Fall Out Boy shirt." I blurted everything out and the woman just nodded and turned around picking up a phone behind her. She was twirling the cord around her finger and nodding her head to the mysterious person on the other end of the phone.

She hung up the phone and turned back around to face us, "So I've spoken to a security guard on the premises and they have sent security to go looking in and out of the zoo." I sighed and squeezed Pete's hand for support.
"If you guys would sit down and I'll get you some water. You should sit here until we get word of the situation."

"I can't just sit here while my son is missing." Pete replied in a vicious manner. I pulled on his hand so he wouldn't walk away.

"There is no use in running around while your head isn't clear, they'll find Bronx. It will be okay Pete." I interlocked our fingers tighter together and lead him to a chair. We sat side by side with his head in his hands, slumped down to his knees.

I heard a woman clear her throat and I looked up, " Here is your water ma'am. I will notify you when we hear any news." I just nodded an she walked away, leaving us in silence.

"I got him a lion." I turned my head to look at Peter, showing him the stuffed lion I had bought for the kid, before I received a call from him. He grabbed it out of my hands gently and stroked it for a while.

"I should have just let him have a lion like he wanted." I laughed out at him holing my stomach," It's not like you could take the lion home on a leash. You have money, but you aren't that special. It also wouldn't have helped anything anyway."

I heard a laugh and could see a faint smile forming on his face. "Don't worry, it'll be okay Pete Wentz." He placed his arms over my shoulders and pulled me close, placing a kiss on my forehead.

The silence was scary but peaceful. I jus wanted Bronx to be okay. We have gotten pretty close these past few days and he can't leave us now. I heard a call come in from behind the counter and my head shot up. Pete still had his head in his hands but I was paying enough attention for the both of us.

The woman looked over at us with hopeful eyes and hung up the phone. She leaned over the counter and smiled, "Ma'am, they've found your son."

"Where is he?" Pete shot up smiling and let his tense hand release mine.

"They are walking up right now. He should be here any minute." As she said that we saw a boy with curly hair pop up from over the hill, dragging a bag of popcorn along with him.

They got close enough for us to hear him an Bronx came running jumping into his fathers arms. I smiled as Pete engulfed his body around Bronx. "Jesus Bronx Mowgli Wentz! Don't ever do this to me again! You scared Paige and me to death!"

"We found him at a booth eating popcorn, I'm sorry it took so long." One of the security guards butted in.

"It's fine, I'm just happy we have him back." He shook the man's hand and put down Bronx.

"Hey, I got you something Bronx." I smiled and he came running towards me.

"What is it?" He was jumping and then I threw the lion into his hands. "Thank you! I wish it was a real one, though." He hugged me and I picked him up.

"Yeah, like you were going to get a real one. You're silly." All 3 of us approached the counter to the lady who gave us out waters.

"Thank you for helping us it means a lot. This is Bronx." She shook his hand and smiled.

"He is awfully cute, Paige." She turned to face Pete. "Umm, I don't know if this is weird or not, but are you Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy?"

He laughed and held out his hand, "Yes I am. It is an honor to meet you, could I know the name of the girl who found my son?"

Eagerly shaking his hand back she answered him, "My name is Martha Smith, an the pleasure is all mine. I love you guys so much."

"We'll it was amazing to meet you and thanks so much, but we need to get this little one home. Thank you again." We started walking off with the blonde lady waving dangerously at us.

*********
False alarm guys! He's alright, don't need to freak out anymore. :) sorry it took so long to update, it's been real busy around here.

Keep reading and voting. Your comments are lovely too.

P.S.- Guess who's birthday is in 3 days! :D (hint: it's mine.)

Goodbye guyssssss! Love you all!!!