Chapter 19

Paige's POV

My eyes fluttered open. I looked up to see Pete's beautiful smile.

He was gently stroking my hair. "Good morning." He leaned over kissing me on the forehead.

"What time is it?" I forced my eyes opened, fighting so they didn't come crashing back down putting me back into a deep beautiful sleep.

"7:30." I rolled over like a kid burying my face under the pillow and into his side, which made him laugh.

"It's too damn early! Don't make me get up pleeeaaaseeee!" I squirmed in the bed more to make things dramatic before I slithered my way back in his arms.

My body was now laying directly on him. He wrapped his arms around my back, "You're gona sleep the day away." He placed kisses on my nose.

"It's only 7:30." I gave him a pouty face until he sighed pushing me onto the bed and sitting up.

"Fine, only cause you're adorable. You have until 9 and you better be prepared to leave this house." He gave me one last kiss before he exited the room.

I laughed to myself still smiling. I am so not consistent on my feelings.

I rolled over cuddling up with his pillow and fell back into a deep sleep.

*
"Babe.... Babe." I opened my eyes to see a whispering Pete standing above me. "Are you hungry?" I nodded to him and he turned around grabbing a tray full of waffles, fruit and coffee.
"I made this for you, don't worry I already had my share of food."

I grabbed the tray from him and started eating. Pete was now sitting next to me watching TV. I looked at the time and it was just after 10. "You late me sleep in? You're amazing." I smiled at him.

"Well, I didn't want to wake you up, you looked peaceful." He leaned in to kiss me and I happily returned the kiss.

I finished all but a few bites and I placed the tray at the end of the bed. I sat up leaning in Pete's arms. "Did you go out and buy this? Cause I know for sure I didn't have frozen waffles in the house before."

"I made them from scratch." He looked at me and I busted out laughing. I couldn't control myself and I felt bad because he looked sad. "What, you don't think I can make waffles?" With his pouty face on I leaned over, placing a kiss on his cheek.

"You just don't seem like the type to cook."

"Well than, I guess I'll just have to prove my cooking abilities to you!" He jumped out of my bed pulling me with him. "Get dressed, we have to to pick up Bronx!" He smacked my butt pushing me towards the closet.

"Pick up Bronx?" I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Well yeah, it's my weekend to have him. Ashlee told me to drive down to her house... So get dressed!"

I did as I was told and pulled on some jeans and a light hoodie, throwing my curly hair up into a bun.

*
We had left my house and now been on the rode for at least an hour now. First we had to ditch the paparazzi and go a complete different way taking us longer, and now we are another hour away and I dread going to meet Ashlee. What if she is as much of a bitch as people make her out to be? What if she hates me? What if she thinks I just want to get to Pete's money? I swear I'm not! I don't even know if this whole him and me thing will exactly work.

I feel terrible knowing that I might have to end this thing, we are totally different people with different ideas for growing up. I have to go back to college soon to get a good job while he's still traveling the world with the band.

Interrupting my thoughts the car halted abruptly making me grab the car door. I turned and gave an evil glare to Pete, rolling my eyes while he just jumped out of the car laughing at me. "Come on we're here!" He was leaning his head through the car window.

I got out to see I was in the driveway of another nice house house like Pete's. it was gated off but this house wasn't as my as big or elegant. I'd still kill for it though.

Cautiously I walked up to the house behind him but still close to his side. Never leaving touching distance from him. We walked up the step way and stopped in front of the light blue colored door.

"Are you ready?" Pete squeezed my hand plastering another beautiful smile on his face.
"As ready as I'll ever be." Shrugging my shoulders I gave him a reassuring smile. I was definitely NOT ready! My heart was beating so much I thought it would jump out of my chest killing me before I got to even meet her.

I watched Pete raise his hand up to the door and it made me even more scared. Why am I freaking out so much it is just another person, another person that just so happens to be Pete's ex wife!

I heard footsteps through the door. This would be the moment. Make the best of it and you better make her like you, or she might kill you. One lock, two lock. The door creaked open.

--------
Thanks for all the reads and votes! It means so much. Don't ever be afraid to message me or comment.

-Faith