Chapter 14

Shout out to @fiction99 she has an awesome story and is a great reader! Go read The Capitol Kids! It is amazing!

Pete and I sat on the couch eating pizza not saying anything. I don't know what came over me, I can't get into anything right now. It's just lust and that's it I can't fall into my emotions.

"So, how long have you lived in LA?" Pete asked without taking his eyes from his pizza. We were both just picking at our pizza now. We didn't want to face each other of what had just happened.

"I moved here from Sacramento about a year ago. My mom wanted a change of scenery. What about you?" Still no one lifted there eyes from their food.

"Well I moved here almost 5 years ago, but not into this house. I moved here with Ashlee when she got pregnant with Bronx, and after we broke up I bought this house. It's a tad big, but great for parties." I looked out the corner of my eye and saw Pete smiling at his food.

"Do you and Ashlee still talk." I wanted to keep a conversation going so I didn't have to deal with any awkward silences.

"I mean of course we talk, we had a son together and Bronx is the world to me so I have to talk to her. I mean we don't try to talk to each other but we get along. All the tabloids say that we hate each other, but that's not true at all. We get along fairly well and I don't mind having her over to talk. We got a divorce it doesn't mean we have to start World War III." I was laughing at the end of that and he finally looked looked to me and smiled.

"Yeah makes sense." Our conversation slowed to a halt when we ran out of things to say. We just went on with picking at our pizza or just staring off into space. None of us dared to move and I don't know why. Another 5 minutes went by with no talking and I became antsy, I couldn't sit still and I wanted to scream because no one was talking.

I heard Pete clear his throat and I just wanted him to say what he was going to say all ready. I was holding my breath just waiting. "So I have to ask you something," I let out my breath and listened to him. "The other day, it seemed like you didn't... Well... It seemed like you didn't want me to know that you knew who our band was." I opened my mouth to answer but I just paused because I didn't know how to answer. I had no idea why I didn't want him to know, but something in my body was telling me that was the right thing to do.

"It's hard to explain." I settled with that answer and took a bite of my pizza.

"You could always try to explain. I don't judge." I sighed to him and decided I'd try to explain for him.

"I don't think you'll understand," he cut me off with a look that said he probably would understand. "It's just that I didn't want to ruin this job. You guys have always meant the world to me and not everyone can say they work for you guys. I-I just didn't want to start fangirling over you guys and screw anything up. It just seemed like a good thing to do." I looked up at him and attempted a smile to him and took a drink of water.

"Ya, I get that. You liking Fall Out Boy would never screw up your job, because the band means the world to me and its awesome that it means that much to you." I smiled to him. "And to be honest Paige I'm not sure if I'd be here right now if it weren't for this band and all the awesome fans like you." Pete grabbed my hand an kissed my knuckles.

I blushed "I'm always here for you, and I guess while I'm here I should tell you now for being the best band on earth and motivating me to keep happy." Pete grinned and took another bite of his pizza.

"So the other night... Did you know it was my house or not?"

I laughed at his question and answered him, "Ya know I had absolutely no idea. I truly am sorry for that, I feel so bad you have no idea."

"Why did you do it anyway?" He asked me.

"I just wanted to get some money to be able to move out from my moms. I realize that stealing isn't really the preferred way to get money." I put my head down and just looked in my lap.

"It's fine.." It was silent for a while again and we just went back to picking at our pizza. I felt bad for everything but I am happy he forgives me. If he's being honest about it being fine. I just wish we could have met in a different way.

"You could always move in with me." Pete blurted it out and I just looked at him in shock.

"Oh I couldn't ruin your life like that." I laughed at him. "That is so kind but I couldn't.. You've already done a lot for me."

"I insist. I have a big enough house to begin with. It would be nice to have someone here." Something told me he wasn't going to give up on it.

"I couldn't." I shook my head to him.

"Please I wit take no for an answer." He kept pushing for me to move in, but not in like a creepy pedophile way. In like a nice helpfully way. "If you want I'll make you pay rent if that makes you feel better. But I'll be honest I probably will just give the money back to you. Pleaseeee, it would be awesome for someone to spend time here with me." He winked and smiled really big.

"You're not going to let me say no are you?" He shook his head like a little kid who's just had a bucket of ice cream.
"Fine I guess." I smiled to him and he he just smiled back.

-------
Don't forget to comment and like! Thanks guys! Voting would be awesome too.
If you have any suggestions you can always do so.

-Faith(: