Chapter 28

I looked over at the clock to see that it was only 8 in the morning, and Pete was already up on the phone talking to someone. He sounded very distressed.

I had rolled per on my side peeking through the covers, he had yet to see me awake so I just watched him.

"That can't be possible." There was a pause which I assumed meant the anonymous person was replying to him. "Well yeah it's possible, but that cat be true. I was very careful," his voice got quieter and I saw him look my way to confirm that I was asleep so I shut my eyed quickly and kept eavesdropping "I was drunk but not that drunk." He whispered into the phone. My eyes shot open and wondered what the hell was going on. "Meagan, I've got to go. We're leaving to go on tour tonight, I don't have time for this."

He put the phone down on the bed side table and curled back into me, grabbing my waist.

I yawned as if I had just woken up and rested my hand on his prickly face. "Who was that?" I asked him, pouting my face because he had awaken me from my warm, peaceful sleep.

"Um, it was a friend of mine." My body went limp and I can feel my eyes start to water. Why didn't he tell me it was Meagan? Is he cheating on me with her?

I pushed the blankets off of me and sat straight up, reaching over to grab the sweat pants that I had thrown onto the floor before I fell asleep last night. Pete had his hand resting on my back and grabbed my shirt to pull me back down but I just pushed his hand off. I stood up, pulling my pants with me and walked out of the room.

"Paige, what's wrong? Where are you going?" I could hear quick foot steps coming down the stairs behind me, never looking back to answer his questions.

"Babe, what is up?" He pulled my hand over to him and held it up to his chest and with his empty hand lifted my chin to look into my eyes. "What is the matter, honey?" My vision started to blur as my eyes filled with tears. I pulled my head away from his grasp so he wouldn't see the tears. "Would you answer me Paige?" He pulled my head up again, catching the falling tears in his hand.

"Pete why didn't you tell me it was her?" I wiped away the tears, soaking the back of my hand.

"What do you mean?" He let out a laugh, wiping more of the tears with his thumb. He picked me up and placed me on the counter so we were about eye level.

"Is there something going on between you and Meagan? Who calls a man who had a girlfriend at 8 AM if there isn't something up? You could just tell me now so I don't have to go all the way across country and then find out." I let out the breath I was holding in as I spat out all of those words. I said something this important and all I got was a laugh from him. So I jumped off the counter and started walking away.

"Don't walk away Paige. I have nothing going on with Meagan. It's just something happened." This time he let out a sigh and sat down in a chair holding his head in his lap. "I fucked up real bad, and I can't go back on this one.. It's already done."

*********

Meagan's POV

Pete hung up on me, making me chuck my phone into the wall opposite of me. I heard a crash and I ran to my phone, making sure it wasn't broken. After inspecting it I just threw it onto the bed.

I threw on a pair of leggings and a light hoodie, pulling it over my head. Getting off the bed I heard the man occupying my bed roll over. I just rolled my eyes am proceeded down the stairs. This is why you don't have a party at you house and get drunk.

Walking into the kitchen, there was bottles after bottles of; beer, vodka, rum, practically every type of alcohol you can get your hands on. I swiped a bunch of the bottles off the counter knocking them into the trash. There was a loud crash, with whining from sleeping people come from the living room.