Chapter 22

"We should go to the zoo today, babe." Pete leaned into my ear whispering as I washed our plates from breakfast. "You could get to know Bronx better." I turned around facing him with my back against the counter. I wrapped my arms around his neck and looked up to him.

"Of course, I'd love nothing other than that." He kissed my cheek and I turned back around to do the dishes.

I felt his arms close in around my waist and he placed his chin on my shoulder. I leaned my head against his and just closed my eyes listening to his breathing. The methodical beat to it calmed me down. The sweet smell of his skin made me feel safe.

"You know, I'm happy you're shorter than me." Pete cooed into my ear and I couldn't help but laugh.

******

I put Bronx's shoe on his foot picked him up putting him on top of my shoulders.

Laughing, he yelled out "Don't drop me Paige!" He gripped onto my hands tighter as I slowly started turning in circles, but not enough to make him dizzy.

"What are you guys doing? You guys are so silly!" Pete walked up and grabbed Bronx's foot tickling it a little. "Come on, lets go out to the car."

Bronx still didn't know what we were doing today and he wouldn't stop asking us. We kept our mouths shut and wouldn't tell him.

I pulled the little kid off my shoulders and sat him down in the car and buckling him up for safety. "Thank you." He smiled as I shut his door of the car. When I turned around Pete was behind me with my door of the car open. "Here you go ma'am." He winked at me and bowed a little.

"Oh stop that Mr. Wentz." I started to sit down in the car when he bent over and placed a kiss on my cheek. All the blood rushed up to my cheeks as he closed the door and sat in the drivers seat. I looked out the window for a while until I felt the heat subside from my face.

"Where are we going dad?" I heard a small voice from the back of the car desperately trying to get our attention.

I turned around so I could see him and smiled, "I will be somewhere fun, I promise." I turned to look at his father and he just nodded to me in reassurance.

"You'll see when we get there, Bronx." Bronx slumped over in his seat and I laughed a little at him.

******
"Oh my gosh! We are going to the zoo!!!" Bronx was jumping up and down in his seat from excitement and was clapping his hands.

"We'll make it there if you don't pass out before then." I chuckled at the cutest kid. As soon as I said that he quit jumping but was still kicking his feet. He was such a cute kid.

*****
"2 adults and 1 kid." Pete spoke through the hole in the glass plate surrounding the workers. He put his hand under the glass retrieving 3 wrist bands; handing one to me while putting one on him and one on his son.

We walked past the huge gates and I felt I surge of excitement run through me. I felt like I was Bronx's age from how much I wanted to run about to every cage, pointing at all the animals in amazement of their beauty. I could hear all of the animal sounds surrounding me. I had Bronx in my arms and I turned in slow circles so we could admire all of the animals locked away in their cages.

****
Sorry for the short chapter. Everyone, go read The Capitol Kids by fiction99. She is a truly amazing writer. Don't forget to comment and vote it gives me motivation to come back and write more.

Sorry if there's spelling errors!

~Your friend, Faith.