Chapter 31

I sat up in the dark sitting, ducking my head down in Pete and my bunk. I looked over at the clock and it was 4 am and I couldn't sleep. I was curled in the corner with my knees to my chest.

I just didn't know how to tell Pete. How would he react, I still can't even get my head around what happened last night. It all happened so fast.

Now I'm looking at him passed out on the bunk because he drank way to much. I didn't want to wake him by I had to tell him. I won't sleep until I put these feelings to bed. My brain just won't let me. How could she even do this? Did she even wonder how I would feel? Or how we both would feel? What the fuck is wrong with her? Fake a pregnancy, or she's faking faking a pregnancy which is just as screwed up.

This is all just going to be very complicated.

"Pete." I whispered in the dark. There was peaceful men sleeping in the bunks around me and I didn't want to wake any of them up. "Babe, we need to talk."

"Huh?" Pete rolled over on his back and looked at me. He was rubbing his eyes trying to subdue the feelings of sleep. "What are you doing up Paige, and why are you over there?" He pulled himself up resting his body weight on his elbows.

"W-We need to talk Pete." He sat up straighter and cupped my cheek. We were both still whispering.

"What's wrong, honey?" He still has his hand on my cheek. "You're scaring me."

"Something happened last night at the bar." He looked at me blankly which made me chuckle a little.

"What happened Paige? Did you uh have uh sex with someone?" He was scratching the back of his head and looked down softly.

"No! Why would you think that? God no."

"Well than what happened?" He looked tired and irritated and I started to double think about telling him. It would probably be too late to turn around and hide under the covers. This is just too much.

"I met someone last night. Not a guy." I figured I should add that part in. I really didn't want him think I had an affair. It would be so dumb to cheat on a guy like him.

"Who did you meet babe? I mean, I'm sure you met a lot of people at a bar of all places." Peter thought it was funny to be sarcastic. Little did he know who the the heck I met last night, he wouldn't find this amusing.

So I decided to get it over with. Make him regret looking at me like I was losing my mind. "Her name was Meagan Camper." It was silent for a few moments.

"Do you know what she was doing? Was she following us?" I thought he was going to have a heart attack. His eyes went wide and he threw the blankets off of him as if it would help.

"I don't know Pete. She came up to me and was talking about you... Well uh, at the time I didn't know it was her or that she was referring to you until she said your name." I didn't want to tell him she was lying about the pregnancy. I was happy that our family wouldn't be ruined because he got her pregnant, but what if he wasn't happy. That would be the worst. What if he wanted to be a father again to her child? He could leave me any second because he wants her instead.

"Well where exactly did you see her?" Pete grabbed my hands but I just kept my arms limp.

"At the ba-bar... Getting drinks." His eyes squinted and the skin in between his eyes were tinkled together. "She was drunk Pete, she was drunk of her ass. I didn't want to tell you but I know I had to. I didn't want you to be upset. She told me she wasn't really pregnant. That her and her friend made up the scheme so that you'd stay with Meagan." I didn't realize until his hands were wiping away the tears that I was crying. More like sobbing.

"Baby, why would I be upset?" I was now on his lap with my face in his hands. I felt so stupid for thinking he'd be upset.

"I don't know.... I-I guess I just th-thought you'd want her to have the baby. You were saying you wanted to be a father again." I pushed the pieces of damp hair that was falling in out faces behind my ear. In the dark quite bunk he kissed me gently and just looked into my face.

"Yeah Paige, I want to have another kid... But I want you to be the mother of that little baby, no one else. There is no one in this world I love like you. I want there to be my little girl growing inside you," he placed his warm hands on my cool belly, sending a warm sensation up my body. "I would have taken care of the baby Meagan had if it was mine, but if she's really not pregnant I will deal with it. I will figure out what's going on and put this to rest. If she's really not pregnant I will never want to see her again. I just don't want you to think I'd be upset about her not being pregnant other than the fact that she lied to me about it." The next kiss was much more passionate. He laid down with my on top of him and just wrapped his beautiful muscular arms around my body and kissed my one last time quickly.

"Okay Pete, I love you." Was all I could say before I heard his soft snores coming from under my chest.

************
I'm so sorry guys it's been taking so long. I've lost so many of my readers and linkers from taking to long and for that I'm really honestly sorry. I have just been having a tough time with school and life. I love all of you who are still here and I hope there are more who will give this story a chance still. I have put so much into it that every little read means so much.

I love you all and would seriously like to dedicate this chapter to @fiction99 . She is an amazing friend who has an amazing story ( The Capitol Kids) and has constantly motivated me for this story. Please go follow her for a great read and a great friend.

Thank you, love you all.

~A Very Sorry Faith!