01.

"Why am I getting the feeling that you know more about this than Barry?"

Quiver

Chapter 1; The Scientist

"This door was made of expanded reinforced titanium," Diggle pointed out as he stood up. "What did they use to do this?"

"Not sure yet," I said from behind him. "No signs of any explosives. Maybe a crane, maybe a forklift. We're guessing there was at least three of them, maybe four. Given how quick they got in and out of here, they were fast."

"Any idea what these guys were so hot to break in here for? Charlotte didn't know but she's not as invested in the company as you are." Lance asked Oliver. "Didn't happen to leave a spare earthquake machine lying around, did ya?" Oliver gave him a look and the Captain apologized.

"This is what we were able to pull off the security cameras," I said, showing the others the video footage on the tablet. "The only guy we got on video. The rest of the crew must've come in after him."

"Actually it was only one guy," a voice said from behind us. We turned around and saw a man that I had never before walking towards us. "Uh, sorry I'm late. But actually, my train was late. Well, the second one. The first one I did miss, but that was my cab driver's fault. I've got this great traffic app, and... he thought that he was right. I'm here now, though," he smiled. I couldn't help but smirk at his rambling.

"Great. Who the hell are you?" Lance asked.

"And do your parents know that you're here?" Oliver asked.

"I'm Barry Allen," he said as if it were obvious. "I'm from the Central City Police Department. I'm with the crime scene investigation unit." He pulled out his ID and showed it to us. "We're working on a case with some similar unexplained elements in Central City, so when the report of your robbery came over the wire, my captain sent me up here."

"And you think one guy ripped through this door like it was tin foil?" I asked, putting a hand on my hip.

"One very strong guy, yeah," Barry nodded.

"It takes about 1,250 foot pounds of torque to break someone's neck," I pointed out. "How in the hell could one guy do that?"

"See the marks on the guard's neck?" Barry asked as he pulled up a picture on a tablet. "The bruising pattern suggests the killer used only one hand." I looked over at Oliver who seemed lost in thought. "I'm guessing, you don't know how hard it is to break someone's neck," he smiled at Oliver.

"Hmm?" Oliver asked, looking back at him, caught completely off guard. "No, no idea."

"Uh, we're going to need a list of the entire inventory here to figure out exactly what was stolen."

"Actually, I think I know what was stolen." I turned back to Barry with a shocked look on my face. "A centrifuge. An industrial centrifuge. Probably the Cord Enterprises 2BX 900. Maybe the six series. Both have a three column base," he explained as we followed him.

We stopped in front of where a centrifuge was supposedly stolen as Barry continued with his theory. "There, you can see the three sets of broken bolts where the thief just ripped it out of the ground."

"And what exactly is a centrifuge?" Lance asked.

"It separates liquids," I said. It wasn't enough of an explanation for Felicity, so she elaborated.

"The centripetal acceleration causes denser substances to separate out along the radial direction."

"And the lighter objects move to the top," Barry finished.