31.

"One of these days, you're going to get yourself killed."

Quiver

Chapter 31; F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M.

Charlotte went home later that day seeing as she wasn't needed at S.T.A.R. Labs, or that's what she was told. She had put on her pajamas and was sitting on her couch eating a bowl of cereal when she received a call from Barry. He said that Professor Stein and Dr. Wells were at S.T.A.R. Labs when Eiling came in and took the professor.

She jumped off the couch and ran to her bedroom to quickly change back into clothes before rushing to S.T.A.R. Labs. She ran into the Cortex as Barry said, "He didn't hurt you?" to Dr. Wells.

"Barry, I told you only my pride is hurt," he answered while Charlotte shrugged off her jacket. "Unfortunately, I'm not in the position to take on armed soldiers."

"Where do you think Eiling took Professor Stein?" Charlotte asked, crossing her arms. 

"I imagine some off-the-books military research facility," Dr. Wells told her.

"We have to get him back," Barry declared. Charlotte nodded her head in agreement. In the short time that she knew the professor, she really grew to like him. 

"Easy. Eiling has already demonstrated he has the weaponry to disable The Flash, or worse."

"Well, we can't let him turn Stein into a weapon," Charlotte argued.

"How do we find him?" Everyone turned to look over at Ronnie, who asked the question. "What?" Caitlin hooked Ronnie up to the same brain wave measuring machine that was used earlier with both Professor Stein and Ronnie. 

"No abnormal brain activity," Caitlin announced, resting a hand on Ronnie's shoulder. "All vitals steady."

"You really think Ronnie can somehow feel where they're keeping Stein?" Barry asked Dr. Wells. 

"Ronnie got dizzy when the soldiers grabbed Stein, and Stein developed Ronnie's obsession with pizza," Cisco cut in. 

"I don't feel anything right now," Ronnie said.

"Just keep trying."

"Whatever this is, it doesn't have an on and off switch."

"It's possible it's just some kind of residual connection," Dr. Wells suggested as Ronnie started rubbing his eyes and blinking quickly. "A temporary link to your time together."

"Wait. I feel something," Ronnie proclaimed. "I'm - I'm cold." A few seconds later, Ronnie started screaming and writhing in pain. Charlotte and Cisco rushed over to Ronnie and held his arms down.

"You're okay, man, we got you," Cisco tried to comfort him. 

"What's happening to him?" Barry asked as he watched Ronnie struggle.

"Nothing's happening to him," Dr. Wells answered as Ronnie stopped screaming before the pain hit him again.  "It's happening to Stein, and Ronnie is feeling his pain. I was wrong. The connection's not temporary. It's only getting stronger."

Charlotte, Caitlin, and Cisco watched in horror as their friend was throwing his head back in pain. Sweat started beading on his forehead as he continued to cry out in pain. 

"Just try and hold on," Caitlin told him. Ronnie pleaded for water, and Cisco handed him the glass that was on the table next to him. Ronnie took the glass and smashed it against the table. The glass shards went everywhere. He took on  of the larger pieces and start to cut his wrist with it. "Ronnie, no!"