03.

"You're hallucinating?" I asked him, sitting up. My anger was suddenly replaced with worry. "What are you seeing?"

Quiver

Chapter 3; All In Your Head

"Mom?" I called into the house once were inside.

"Thank you for coming home, sweethearts," my mother said as she walked away from the Christmas tree and towards us.

"Is everything alright?" Oliver asked.

"I don't know. Your sister has locked herself in her room and she won't talk to me," she sighed.

"Don't worry," I said, "I'll talk to her."

"Okay."

I noticed that Oliver was staring at the tree and before I asked what was wrong, he whispered, "It's Christmas." Our mom inhaled deeply before responding.

"Yes. Uh, but given the last gala that we threw, I think we're gonna skip this year's Christmas party." Oliver chuckled slightly, and I knew that he was forcing it. I walked away from the other two and went upstairs to Thea's room. I knocked on the door and stood outside waiting before I spoke.

"Thea, it's Charlie. Please open the door."

"Not now, Charlie," she called from inside.

"Speedy, please open the door."

"Is mom with you?"

"No. It's just me," I responded, a little confused. She opened up the door just a little only to poke her head through. "What's going on?" I asked, calmly.

"I didn't want mom to see," she replied.

"See what?" She sighed before opening the door. On her bed was Sin with Roy laying next to her, with one of Oliver's arrows in his leg. "Oh, my God. What happened to him?" I asked even though I had a pretty good idea of what happened.

"The vigilante decided to use him as target practice. You and Ollie were right. The guy's a psycho."

Not wanting to agree, I asked, "Why didn't you go to the hospital?"

"In this city, an arrow's the same as a bullet if you want the cops involved," Roy said. I looked at him sympathetically even though I had rage surging through my body.

"And mom actually likes Roy but something tells me she'd revoke his tree trimming invitation if she found out he was messing around with The Hood." I walked closer to the bed and looked at the bloody arrow.

"Roy, this is going to hurt," I told him as a grabbed the towel.

"My anger's dulling the pain," he growled.

"This will dull it better," Sin said, giving him a bottle of alcohol. He took a drink and I took the bottle away from him, only to pour some on his wound making him cry out in pain. I grabbed the arrow, using the towel, and pulled it out.

"Put pressure on it," I instructed, taking his hand and putting the towel over the wound. Just as that happened, Oliver walked into the room.

"Oliver!" Thea gasped.

"What happened?" he asked, not seeming to care about Roy's health.

"Roy was shot by the vigilante," I said, glaring at him. I grabbed my phone and walked towards the window. I dialled Dig's number and put the phone up to my ear just before he answered.

"Diggle, I need you to come to the Queen Mansion," I said. "Roy's been shot with an arrow. No, I don't know what happened. Look, just bring the first-aid kit to Thea's room. Thank you." I turned back to the group and said, "Roy, mine and Oliver's driver Mr. Diggle, he has medical training from his time in the army. He's going to patch you up."