46.

"Did he say anything else? I mean, anything that could help us figure out what he's really after?"

Quiver

Chapter 46; Rogue Air

___

I want you to take a moment, and think about all the things that define your life.

All the people you love.

Your job.

Your coworkers.

Your home.

And now imagine if one day, in a flash, all of that vanished. Would you simply accept your new life and continue on? Or would you do whatever it takes to get back what was taken from you?

___

Charlotte walked into Jitters one night, the sweet aroma of coffee filling her nose with the pleasant smell. The soft, vocalized jazz music was playing in the background as the blonde took in her surroundings.

There, by herself, was Iris at a table with some items on the table that Charlotte couldn't see from where she was standing. Charlotte walked over to her friend and sat down in front of her, noticing the light in Iris' brown eyes wasn't there anymore.

"Hey," she quietly greeted as she pulled the chair out. Charlotte's lips quirked up a little in a sympathetic manner as she sat down. "What's all this?"

"Return labels for Eddie and me," Iris glumly replied, stacking one on top of another. "I ordered two-hundred to start, but this afternoon, two-thousand arrived. I guess I ordered wrong. I have so many now."

Charlotte frowned at her forlorn friend. She didn't know how to help her, seeing as Barry was doing everything he could to find Eddie. And talking to Iris wasn't going to help any.

"Iris, we're gonna find Eddie," promised Charlotte. She was quickly cut off by Iris.

"How? Barry has searched everywhere. More than once. And he hasn't found anything." Charlotte sat back a little when Iris snapped. She wasn't used to Iris acting that way. Barry, sometimes. Oliver, everyday. But never Iris.

The brunette took note of how she reacted to Charlotte and inhaled. She didn't mean to be snarky towards Charlotte. "I'm sorry. I'm not mad at you. It's just - "

"You miss him," Charlotte finished with a small smile. Iris nodded her head, tears forming in her eyes.

"Yeah, I do," she muttered. Charlotte stood up and walked over toward Iris. The taller female wrapped her arms around the other in a comforting embrace. Charlotte had never been in the exact situation as Iris, but she has faced many trials in her life - many causing her grief and heartache.

"I will do everything in my power to bring Eddie back to you. You don't deserve to lose someone you love," Charlotte spoke into Iris' ear, the two still embracing. Before Iris could say anything back, Charlotte's phone buzzed in her pocket. 

She pulled the phone out and saw the Cisco sent an emergency text to her. Charlotte apologized to Iris, but the latter understood. Charlotte rushed out of Jitters, without getting anything to eat or drink, and quickly made her way over to S.T.A.R. Labs. 

She walked into the Cortex where Cisco, Caitlin, Barry, and Joe were all waiting. She made her way over by Barry as Cisco started.

"I kept asking myself, 'Why would Wells pretend to need a wheelchair?'"