06.

"When do you think he'll realize that he didn't take his clothes?"

Quiver

Chapter 6; Fastest Man Alive

It's been a few days since Clyde Mardon tried to attack Central City. We haven't found any other meta-humans other than him, thankfully. I didn't like it when Barry went out to fight crime. Hell, I hated it when Oliver did it because I was constantly worried about losing him, and now I have to worry about Barry too.

Evan has been angry with me since I left in the middle of our date to help Barry fight off Mardon, and I tried to explain to him that it was work things. He knows that with me working on cases for the police, I have to go at any possible time that I could. I thought that after a few months of dating, he would understand how it works. I think that he's just sexually frustrated. I told him that I didn't want to rush anything and he's practically begging me now.

As I walked into S.T.A.R. labs that morning, Barry's suit was missing and Caitlin standing next to Cisco with a cross look on her face. They must not have heard me walk in because they didn't look up.

"What else you got for me, Cisco?" I heard Barry's ring out on the speaker.

"Barry, it's Caitlin," she said, leaning into the microphone.

"Hey, Caitlin," Barry said in a nervous voice. "How's your day?"

"Get back to S.T.A.R. labs. Now." She turned to Cisco who gave her a nervous smile, after taking his sucker out of his mouth. I walked in further to the room and they both looked up at me. I looked down at the screen and saw Barry's vitals spike for a split second.

"Hey, Charlie," Cisco greeted.

"Hey. What's up?" Cisco wasn't able to answer me because Barry ran into the room, making papers fly everywhere.

"Have you both lost your minds?" Caitlin asked, her temper rising.

"Well, I'm the eyes and ears, and he's the feet," Cisco said.

"This isn't funny," she said before I cut her off.

"You could've gotten yourself killed, Barry," I said, a solemn look on my face.

"You can't be running around the city lie some supersonic fireman," she continued to scold.

"Why not?" Barry asked calmly. "This is what we talked about: me using my speed for good."

"We talked about you helping us contain other people who might have been affected by the particle accelerator explosion. Meta-humans. And aside from Clyde Mardon, we haven't found any."

"People in this city still need help, and I can help them."

"We can help them," Cisco cut in.

"Will you please say something?" Caitlin asked Wells, who was sitting behind Barry.

"I think what Caitlin is saying, in her own spectacularly angry way, is that we are just beginning to understand what your body is capable of. Not to sound like a broken record, Mr. Allen... I do caution restraint."

"Dr. Wells," Barry started, "I doubt restraint is how you got to be the man you are today."

"In a wheelchair and a pariah. Lack of restraint is what made me these things. Know your limits." And with that, he left the room.

"Don't expect me to patch you up every time you break something," Caitlin said before leaving. Barry looked really confused and I walked up to him, putting my hand on his shoulder.